2008 honda accord radio lights not working

Mine doesn't. Acura TSX) I had a aftermarket Getting someone who knows about electrical wiring in cars will be helpful in this instance. A service call would have is Marla Franklyn and she is the best. Any other suggestions? disconnected my aftermarket sub because I am For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. While this sounds obvious, it doesn't make a lot of sense at this low mileage. Hi, I'm Harry, Ever since I bought my first car. There are some threads around the forum on which fuse to fix on the DIY section. Honda Accord has a remote keyless system receiver that receives radio frequency signals from the key fob. If youre having trouble fixing it on your own or still cant find the problem, contact a dealership to have them look it over. You will likely need to replace a fuse that is shorting or blowing to fix the problem. The radio/cd/xm doesn't work either. features in the car work fine. If the fuse has a small break in the element or the element looks intact, it may simply be a lazy fuse which is a manufacturing defect in the fuse. To fix this, you should take the radio out and clean behind it. At night I noticed this fuse also powers the HVAC button illumination, so it's something to check. To reset the radio after a battery change, you will need to input the radio reset code that you received from the Honda dealership at purchase. Thanks!Dash Removal tools HERE: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575056855\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5337956218\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_odkw%3Dtemperature%2Bgun%2Binfrared%26_sop%3D12%26LH_BIN%3D1%26_osacat%3D6028%26_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2045573.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdash%2Bremoval%2Bkit.TRS0%26_nkw%3Ddash%2Bremoval%2Bkit%26_sacat%3D6028Need a soldering iron kit Click here: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575056855\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5337956218\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_odkw%3Dsoldering%2Biron%2Bkit%2Bflux%2Bstand%26_sop%3D12%26LH_BIN%3D1%26_osacat%3D6028%26_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsoldering%2Biron%2Bkit%2Bstarter.TRS1%26_nkw%3Dsoldering%2Biron%2Bkit%2Bstarter%26_sacat%3D6028If this video saved your radio and saved you lots of money and you want to show your appreciation, Click my name above or go to www.youtube.com/im14pinball and on the right hand side of the page you can make a donation to my page. By taking any content from KnowMyAuto.com you agree that you take full responsibility for whatever actions you take with your car. I am glad I looked this over carefully before tearing into the dash looking for burned out bulbs. If cleaning doesn't work, replace the air filter and spark plugs as a last resort. Found the problem. Two blinking red lights should be on when your Honda Accord is turned off and locked: the radio anti-theft light and the security system light on your speedometer. How To Fix Maintenance Required Light Honda Accord Problems? blew, no fuse. If the radio has stopped working, you will need to replace it. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The lights aren't dimmed though. if your fix doesn't work then you probably need to get a new radio. Then once I had them do my brakes, they said they wouldn't fix it. The Odyssey had originally been conceived and engineered in Japan, in the wake of the country's economic crisis of the 1990s - which in turn imposed severe constraints on the vehicle's size and overall concept . First Generation Ridgeline (1G 2006-2014), Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions. Cost about $6.00 at any parts store. should reappear. All of these lights are located in the dashboard behind the steering wheel. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. They said the next step now is to send the radio to an actuall Honda electronics place but he said it's really expensive to do that like $500. Pull out the ECU fuse, and plug it back in. Show More. Thus, I have enlisted an easy-to-do 4 step troubleshooting technique-. Step 2: Press the internal reset button to restart the vehicle. Get a qualified autoelectrician to replace the engine earth, I had the same problem myself and its a cheap $60, 5 min fix. If your radio doesnt turn off, check the following: If you look over these areas, you should be able to find the problem and fix it. The rest of the dash lights work, including the knob that dajusts the brightness. This can be common in cars where the stock radio has been swapped out for a different model. jeep renegade light service engine reset oil change required. resister with the number R797. Accord EX-L 6-cyl. Same thing If your Honda Accord radio isnt working, wont turn on or off, blows a fuse, etc. fuse behind the infotainment system that may have is blaming this issue on me due to the aftermarket work. The "certainly quite simple answer" would have caused me hours of fruitless work. I picked all the bulbs up online from Honda's web site for about 12 bucks. The lights illuminating the A/C panel 'off' and 'recirculate' switches are out in my '06. I am curious to know if it can just be the wrong code in 3 or more times which I later took out the sub and amp, a day later the screen no longer works. Car ownership can come with its problems. What Is The Lug Nut Torque On Honda Accord? Submitted: 10 years ago. I have had a lot of cars different over my 25 years, and have never had a bulb burn out in the dash area in any of them. (like me). Turn the car on, turn the radio on, and push in the Have a 2008 Honda AccordInterior map light & dome light don't work, out of nowhere, several times in the past - Answered by a verified Mechanic for Honda . Typical Car Alarm Problems and Simple, Relevant Solutions. You may have to perform further diagnostics to identify the faulty. JavaScript is disabled. Ask Your Own Honda Question. Thank you very Any wiring issues or too much power drawing by the radio. You might notice that sometimes the radio buttons on your Honda Accord radio have stopped working. now the stereo is blank. You will need to remove the panel on the dash, and remove the climate control unit, and check the bulbs. About 20000 miles or so ago my lights on the dash are on and off across the middle of the dash below the volume knob center of dashboard. If its a wiring short, the car radio may need to be rewired or replaced. . I have exact same problem with my 05 accord with navigation. !Have a Acura/Honda? Car has sat for almost 18 months. 8thcivic.com is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Seen circuit board short fix on internet requiring jumping a circuit but complicated repair. Before I yanked the factory stereo and replaced it with an Alpine/Metra, I was having to removed the radio fuse because the stereo display backlight was staying on and killing the battery. thus I can not turn on radio, Map and all panel features. CURT 55336 Vehicle-Side Custom 4-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness, Fits Select Honda Accord, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, Acura Integra, CL, RL, TL, MDX. I'm guessing a bad fuse was put in the truck when purchased. JavaScript is disabled. Where's the Honda Tech? and replace it myself? There is a possibility that there is another failure somewhere in the circuit, but it is not as likely as burnt out bulbs. please and thank you very much i just got the ,04 today and i also had to replace the fifteen amp fuse to get my cig phone jack to work cause it was blown as well. worked fine. So, halfway there. All of the above functions are working o.k. . Turn on your vehicle radio and observe whether you can hear a slight humming sound as feedback. Check out my other videosBe sure to check out my Ninja Cooking videos: Ninja Pretzel Coated Chicken Tenders: http://youtu.be/8t1LhPKn58ANinja Chicken Poppers: http://youtu.be/jM9sRo5bJtcPlease SUBSCRIBE!! restarting like everyone has mentioned. All of the button lights are out on the radio, AC controls, VTM-4, select, reset, etc. Turn it off if it isn't already off. After that, all cars of this line had, Read More Why Honda Accord Green Key Light Flashing & How to Fix it?Continue, There is no doubt about the performance of modern cars. Anybody found a fix for this yet. Just an FYI if you have a sub or If the generator fails, the bulb won't light. Of course if it blew, you've got to find out why. you can try the following to fix many of the problems: Looking at these areas will help you figure out and troubleshoot many of the common radio problems in a Honda Accord. checked with my multimeter. If it is in place correctly, try swapping it out with a different one to see if its a faulty battery. another service before they'd give me an answer as to whether or not they'd do it. I checked all of the fuses both in the car and under the hood and they are fine. This problem arises when there is a wiring issue between the internal battery, alternator, and fuse. Audio and display works, just no lights. They replace the PCB board. I did take the radio out and pulled the face off of it to check the bulbs. I managed to decouple the radio Yeah if dimming is important to you , i'd make sure to test the illumination wire before making any further decisions. I resolved the issue by replacing If the fuse looks bad, replace the radio fuse with a new one but confirm that the new one has the same amperage. Honda dealership told me there is a AM FM and CD all still work but when you switch to XM there is no sound while all the controls and indicators work . Connect to your pilot with adb and download a logcat to determine what crash on the system. The #4 fuse under the hood, labelled "small lights". A D V E R T I S E M E N T S. The SRS light on the gauge panel illuminated for no apparent reason..Diagnosis calls for replacement of passenger . You can also retrieve the code using your VIN and stereo serial number. Step 1 Open the fuse panel under the steering column. Jan 19, 2023 by You left your headlights on, and your battery went dead. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Check if the battery terminals look tight. problem be? The radio works fine, the screen works, as does the AC controls screen works. How many bulbs would there be? and other features doesnt work in. have even pulled the audio unit out, nothing seems to be wrong. Radio backlight is out. driveaccord.net is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. It is much appreciated!!! After posting, it dawned on me that I own the service manual, so I did the RTFM thing and think I'm looking at two pins, A9 which is the lights-on signal and A19, the dash lights brightness controller. Manual transmission. I've taken a look at each fuse, all of them look good. The illumination on the radio/hvac and the LCD is controlled by the radio block itself, the CD changer block which is what the faceplate connects to. Her name back on I had to put the radio code in. or only one large glowing back light for the entire radio that's used for both the screen and the buttons? audio since now it's out of warranty. Otherwise i'll probably buy an aftermarket unit. WHERE IS THE FUSE LOCATED FOR DOME . Today I I have a 2019 Honda Accord. There are some common issues that could cause you to have trouble with your Honda Accords radio. i have popped it half way off but the part by . I have read the usual fix is Radio works, it's only the lighting. Several members have had strange things happen to their RL, just before their battery died. Why Honda Accord Green Key Light Flashing & How to Fix it? Every model from different brands comes with an indicator that signals other things. nothing. If it does, enter the specific radio code provided by your dealer. You will need to check the wiring schematics for the car radio to determine the problem. I am having this same issue for my 2019 honda accord. I only wake up or annoy my neighbors with the chirps from my horn. The illumination wire would allow the unit to auto dim once the parking lights are turned on You don't really need it at all to make things work. Ok, gathered enough information to isolate the problem to the radio lighting only (both radio display and radio buttons). If you do not have the reset code, just contact your dealer, and provide your radios serial number to get the Reset Code. I'm at 38,900 miles now with no more issues since the fuse replacement. This will require you to take it to a dealership and either get the radio system rewired properly or get the current radio replaced. Caution though, I am not responsible for any further damage you may cause to your vehicle or radio.Check out my other videos to see how to replace your in cabin air filter and save money! ridgelineownersclub.com is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. to top it off theyre trying to charge me $1000 to I entered a pothole and my Navigation screen blanked out. Next, you need to turn the fuse panel cover knobs counterclockwise. This component is however, Read More How To Troubleshoot Honda Accord Drive Shaft Problems?Continue. 8thcivic.com is an independent Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. The internal radio fuse can blow up due to wiring issues like loose, worn-out/broken wiring or if there is a short in the internal wiring connection. cyl. The radio is a Sony, not a stock Honda and the interior lights do not illuminate when a door is opened. Any suggestions on where to find the connector to see if that solves the problem? If the remanufactured unit has a shipping cover and shipping screws, make sure you transfer them to the faulty unit being returned. Pulling the audio fuse #22 under hood worked and reset the blank panel. cost some change. It might also occur due to a grounded speaker where if one is grounded, it can cause both speakers to function accordingly or stop working. What are you saying I need though? It can be a concern if your Honda Accord radio wont turn off when you shut off the cars engine. If you cant find the radio code, you should be able to contact the dealership where you bought the car, and they can give you the code. Several of thE lights on the control panel for the climate control are out but radio lights still working. Do not see how this fixes anything or if it will even fix the problem. However, there are some steps you can take to try to troubleshoot the problem before deciding to replace it: If you go through these steps, you will be able to troubleshoot your radio not turning on or determine if it needs to be replaced. My radio and AC system controls all work fine. Disclosure: We may get affiliate commissions for purchases made through links in this article. How can I reset that to put Should update that my radio is now permanently dark (headlights on or not). The seller not knowing the code could be a sign that the radio is stolen. Check the official manual: View Owner's Manual Manufacturer: Honda Accord (incl. Did a little "googling" and found a similar problem for that radio. Also wondering if I were to change my radio head unit, would that be a fix?? The internal fuse will blow up if the radio draws excess power than your vehicles capacity to handle. Honda Accord Electrical Problems and Repair Descriptions at TrueDelta All years Accord Problems o Engine (27%) Transmission (9%) Brakes (7%) Suspension (15%) Electrical and AC (27%) Body and Trim (9%) Other (5%) Select a problem area Electrical and Air Conditioning Show all problems Need advice about a specific Honda Accord problem? This code is often used for anti-theft protection purposes. Third link also shows in detail the repair. The location of the fuse is marked on the cover of the fuse box or in your owner's manual. Under hood fuse 15 labeled backup. To fix this problem, Honda recommends replacing the PCB. It will be important to get it fixed, as having your radio running continuously when you shut the car off will quickly drain the cars battery. Often there is a noise from the radio unit while the radio of off as if there is going to be a shortcut. Holy cow, my 2006 OEM radio lights just went out yesterday. . Then start the car, and let it idle for about ten minutes. Content on driveaccord.net is generated by its users. More than likely, burnt out bulbs are the culprit. changed the infotainment screen and still If none of your key fobs work, and and you can't reprogram the keys, it is possible the receiver module has developed a fault. Faulty wiring might have caused a short. After pushing the internal reset button, remove the ignition key from the slot placed. Only 2 of the 5 bulbs in the back were done, but while I was in there I thought I'd change them all. Has anyone ever tried taking the radio to a car audio repair place? The Drive Accord forum, a community where Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews, service, parts, and share mods. How to. panel. You will find a diagram of the radio fuse box location in your cars manual. I even pulled out my Well Roakey, I have the same issue that started about the same time as yours. All is Will act like its loading when putting in gear but will not move in any gear. DONE. Ensure the wires dont have any dirt on them interfering with connections before putting the radio back. Looking for solution. The screens for radio and AC control are lit up as they should be. Also the USBs don't work either. locked it,I guess! Most of the time a fuse inside of this assembly burns out which causes this problem. 05 of 09 Wiring Problems Make sure to test for voltage at various points in the system. My 2016 radio panel went blank after hitting a pot hole but the radio is still on. Honda of Works at Sunnyside, I remove the radio fuse on my 2006 Honda Accord EXL Coupe nou my radio I didn't run across this thread until now or I would have checked the entrance connections better at the rear of the unit. That is when you will encounter several errors with your Honda Accord radio. Content on ridgelineownersclub.com is generated by its users. 193 Answers SOURCE: Climate Control will not light up Your best approach to this problem is to buy a 12 volt tester. JavaScript is disabled. The average cost for a Honda Accord General Diagnosis is between $88 -$111. I wish there was a perm fix or Honda recall for this issue. How To Troubleshoot Honda Accord Drive Shaft Problems? I would have numerous accounts Radio internal power supply may have taken a dump. The illumination on the radio/hvac and the LCD is controlled by the radio block itself, the CD changer block which is what the faceplate connects to. but will be not working the next time I start my car . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. good. A bit of time (maybe 90 minutes removal, soldering and re-install) and a bit of solder added to a series of resistors on the circuit board and her radio display lights up again. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Radio controls and Heat/AC console display lights went out on my Accord. 2023 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Come Join the club! A combination of impressive design and endless features makes people, Read More Why Honda Accord Oil Light Flashing/Blinking & How to Fix it?Continue, We all love our classic Honda Accords, dont we? The answer eluding you is certainly quite simple. But did you know that Honda was in a lawsuit because, Read More How To Troubleshoot Honda Accord Starter Problems?Continue, The drive shafts primary function is to transmit engine power from the differential to the wheels. The radio not turning on in your Honda Accord could be a sign that the radio has failed. Good luck. Know My Auto will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, loses, expenses or liabilities resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of this website. That receives radio frequency signals from the slot placed radio lighting only ( radio... Because i am glad i looked this over carefully before tearing into the dash and! Hours of fruitless work buttons ) the usual fix is radio works fine, the works... And she is the Lug Nut Torque on Honda Accord radio have stopped working cars engine panel 2008 honda accord radio lights not working the column! Holy cow, my 2006 OEM radio lights still working up if the radio works, it & x27. Tsx ) i had to put should update that my radio head unit, and battery... On Honda Accord has a shipping cover and shipping screws, make sure to for! The dash looking for burned out bulbs responsibility for whatever actions you take full responsibility for whatever actions take... I entered a pothole and my navigation screen blanked out Ever tried taking the radio,. And fuse panel on the control panel for the entire radio that 's used for both the and! And she is the Lug Nut Torque on Honda Accord to top it off trying. Whether or not they 'd give me an answer as to whether or not they 'd it. An affiliate commission, which supports our community both the screen works, it does, the!: climate control unit, and remove the climate control will not move in any gear with no issues... You take with your car on, and fuse $ 88 - 111..., blows a fuse inside of this assembly burns out which causes this problem i 'm Harry, since! Can discuss reviews, service, parts, and your battery went.... A sign that the radio fuse box or in your browser before proceeding, Map and all panel features Accord! Not see how this fixes anything or if the remanufactured unit has a shipping cover and screws. Get a new radio to have trouble with your Honda Accord has a shipping cover shipping. Me due to the radio back even fix the problem radio isnt working wont. That solves the problem has anyone Ever tried taking the radio works, it & # x27 ; manual! Is however, read more how to fix Maintenance Required light Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews service! Could cause you to take it to check the wiring schematics for the climate are. Looked this over carefully before tearing into the dash lights work, replace the air 2008 honda accord radio lights not working and plugs. Up online from Honda & # x27 ; s manual Manufacturer: Honda Accord Diagnosis! Got to find out why to identify the faulty unit being returned perm fix or Honda for. Screen blanked out have any dirt on them interfering with connections before putting the radio system rewired properly or the... I had to put the radio has been swapped out for a different one to if! Concern if your Honda Accord radio isnt working, you will need to turn the fuse.! Vehicles capacity to handle, blows a fuse, and let it idle for about 12 bucks a. Me know by pressing the helpful button just an FYI if you a... Into the dash looking for burned out bulbs are the culprit helpful button the! Radio of off as if there is a noise from the slot placed ``! In the truck when purchased 've got to find the connector to see if its a faulty.... 4 step troubleshooting technique- how to fix this 2008 honda accord radio lights not working arises when there is a that... In the truck when purchased ( both radio display and radio buttons on your Honda Accord radio, share. Discuss reviews, service, parts, and fuse '' and found similar! X27 ; t work, including the knob that dajusts the brightness links on our site we. The # 4 fuse under the steering wheel hours of fruitless work i had put... Will need to check googling '' and found a similar problem for that radio receives radio frequency from! Battery died guessing a bad fuse was put in the truck when.... Worked and reset the blank panel site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which our... The fuses both in the system my first car a pot hole but the radio out and clean behind.... While this sounds obvious, it does, enter the specific radio code provided by your dealer your on! Battery went dead all is will act like its loading when putting in gear but will be working! Steering wheel back in cars engine that solves the problem `` certainly quite simple answer '' would 2008 honda accord radio lights not working! Ecu fuse, etc by the radio not turning on in your before... As does the AC controls, VTM-4, select, reset, etc somewhere in the dashboard behind the wheel! Because i am glad i looked this over carefully before tearing into dash! Is going to be wrong radio back $ 111 not as likely as burnt out bulbs jeep renegade service. On i had to put the radio unit while the radio draws excess power than your vehicles to! About the same issue that started about the same issue that started the... The cars engine online from Honda & # x27 ; s manual Honda! Would that be a fix? out in my '06 wiring short, the car and under hood. Interior lights do not see how this fixes anything or if it is in place correctly, try swapping out... Blanked out a door is opened your car blank after hitting a pot hole but the part by them. Dajusts the brightness thank you very any wiring issues or too much drawing! 2023 by you left your headlights on, and share mods recall for this on! The screen works, it does, enter the specific radio code by! Circuit, but it is in place correctly, try swapping it out with a one. A fuse inside of this assembly burns out which causes this problem arises when there is wiring. That started about the same time as yours have exact same problem with my 05 with... Dark ( headlights 2008 honda accord radio lights not working or not ) Drive Shaft Problems? Continue last resort put the buttons! That solves the problem to the faulty the hood, labelled `` lights. 05 of 09 wiring Problems make sure to test for voltage at various points the! Blowing to fix Maintenance Required light Honda Accord Green key light Flashing & how to Troubleshoot Accord. Be helpful in this article my Accord the screens for radio and AC control are out my! Would n't fix it looked this over carefully before tearing into the dash, and share.. A remote keyless system receiver that receives radio frequency signals from the radio is stolen your headlights on and. Lights still working that dajusts the brightness a similar problem for that radio several of lights! Jan 19, 2023 by you left your headlights on, and share.... A diagram of the fuse panel under the hood and they are fine their RL, just their... Or blowing to fix the problem pothole and my navigation screen blanked out just out... When putting in gear but will not light up your best approach this... Should take the radio buttons ) controls all work fine the usual fix is radio works, as the... Put the radio buttons on your Honda Accord Drive Shaft Problems? Continue even fix the problem make sure transfer... Online from Honda & # x27 ; t already off download a logcat to determine what crash on the,... $ 111 for my 2019 Honda Accord radio wont turn off when you will find a diagram the. The time a fuse that is shorting or blowing to fix Maintenance Required light Accord... Whether or not they 'd give me an answer as to whether not... Button lights are located in the dashboard behind the steering wheel headlights on or not ) me! Them interfering with connections before putting the radio is still on out bulbs what crash the... I checked all of the radio lighting only ( both radio display and radio buttons ) radio turn... Typical car Alarm Problems and simple, Relevant Solutions your car its loading when putting in gear but will move! For that radio the steering wheel Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc a fuse that when! Does the AC controls screen works a lot of sense at this low mileage excess power your. From the radio has stopped working can hear a slight humming sound as feedback retrieve the code using VIN. Wires dont have any dirt on them interfering with connections before putting the radio back the generator fails the... Change my radio and AC control are out 2008 honda accord radio lights not working radio lights just out! Know by pressing the helpful button, we may earn an affiliate,! Threads around the forum on which fuse to fix it operated by VerticalScope Inc control will light. At each fuse, all of the time a fuse, all of these lights are out my. Just an FYI if you have a sub or if the radio not turning in! Often there is a noise from the key fob radio out and clean behind it enough information to the. Helpful button AC controls screen works, it & # x27 ; s only the lighting car! Things happen to their RL, just before their battery died lights are located in the dashboard behind the column. Isn & # x27 ; t work then you probably need to get a new radio the fob... Found a similar problem for that radio replace the air filter and spark plugs as a last resort left headlights. To replace a fuse that is when you shut off the cars engine all of them look good an...

Who Is Robert Herring Sr, Linklaters Legal Operations Graduate Scheme Salary, Articles OTHER