adjudication unemployment

Learn more > ALERT | 9.6.2022 | 8:30 a.m. Walk-in limited claim assistance is now available Monday to Friday at our 251 E. 12th Ave location from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm. The issue disqualifies either a portion or all unemployment insurance benefits. The claim is awaiting a 10-day response from the employer as required by law for any unresolved separation from employment or separation pay issue. 2. People must start submitting weekly claims the first week after they apply for benefits and must continue to submit a claim each week to be paid. var pathname = window.location.pathname; if(doesNotFound == 'page-is-not-found'){ You must continue to file your weekly claim (s) during the fact-finding process in order to be considered for payments for such weeks. Instructions will be sent to you after you apply for benefits, with the details for how you should certify. I had tried just about everything, until I saw a post someone made about a potential answer to this time consuming issue. Unemployment adjudication is the legal process of settling the dispute between employee and employer. As a result, the state's jobless rate has hovered at elevated levels, reaching 7.5% in December, according to the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget. Am I eligible for unemployment if I am currently receiving income using my vacation days, sick days, or receiving FMLA payments? If a determination disqualifies weeks that you already received payment for, this will create an overpayment. Once you file an appeal, the unemployment office assigns the case to an administrative law judge or adjudication officer and sets a hearing or interview date. The debit card is mailed soon after you apply for benefits. What if I leave work because my childs school has temporarily closed, and I have to stay home with the child? Need ESD to act to resolve their claims as opposed to those who need to take action (for example, submitting a weekly claim). Nothing. IMPORTANT REMINDER: When completing fact-finding forms in CONNECT be sure to click the SAVE button every couple of minutes to ensure yourinformation is saved. The Adjudication Division provides appellate review of unemployment insurance decisions issued by the Idaho Department of Labor. When information provided by the claimant or the employer indicates that the claimant's separation from employment was due to reasons other than lack of work, the claim must be referred for adjudication. If you are already receiving unemployment benefits, you do not need to do anything additional to qualify for this payment; however, you must continue to certify bi-weekly to receive . Individuals are required to register withIllinoisJobLink.com(IJL) to be eligible for unemployment benefits. However, there is an exception to the requirement that the reason for leaving is due to the employer. Posted 12:00:00 AM. States can pursue perjury claims or require repayment of unemployment benefits if the claimant provides false information. Adjudication can mean different things in different states. if(!event.detail || event.detail == 1){ [CDATA[ It would've saved me alot of time had I been guided in the right direction to begin with, so hopefully this helps someone else who is stuck in that never ending process. Director, Adjudicator [email protected] Kathleen Reiser, Esq. You should not delay filing because you think that you will be recalled immediately or because you think that you are going to find another job quickly. That number changes, but it could be anywhere from 80,000 to 90,000 claims. The state's labor department begins the process by contacting the last employer to verify the reason for termination of employment. Will I get a call/correspondence from the Adjudication Unit? var doesNotFound = doesEspbase.split('/').pop(); Forclaimants that have an email address on file with the Division, we will senda secure link that will take them to an online application where theyll be asked to give us information about their claim. Operation 100% started with the goal of resolving or paying all claims for those in adjudication who applied between March 8 and May 1. Generally, the day you file your claim will not impact your benefits as long as you file within the week after losing work. Is Bonding or Caregiving Preventing You from Working? While we did not hit our goal of June 15, in large part because of the massive fraud attack, we continue to stay laser focused on resolving unpaid claims for everyone starting with those who have been waiting the longest. Chicago, IL 60603 (The Loop area) State & Monroe. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Both contracts were approved by the Board of Public Works this week nearly a year after the pandemic hit the state. Claims can also be filed over the phone, by calling (800) 244-5631 and following the appropriate prompts. The judge makes a decision on the facts, granting or denying unemployment benefits. console.log("xhr failed"); Nearly 81,000 people are waiting for claims to be either approved or denied,. Do you have a question or concern about money during the coronavirus pandemic? State regulations determine if the person qualifies. The Referee, an attorney at law, will determine whether . This may decrease the likelihood of additional information being requested. Where can I find information on overpayments? A claim may need adjudication if there are questions regarding how a claimant left a job or other eligibility issues. If an individual quits a job due to day care, that individual is generally considered to have quit the job for a reason that is not due to the employer, and will therefore not be eligible for UI benefits. var baseURL = '/'; Adjudication means theres a discrepancy with your unemployment application, and a specially trained adjudicator needs to look at the claim to clear up the problem. console.log(xhr.status); A claimant is not eligible for unemployment benefits during the coverage period of separation pay. After emailing them describing my situation, and detailing that i was eligible to be receiving PUA, they replied to me and needed some info from me. Avoiding Problems with Your UI Claim Avoiding Problems with Your UI Claim (Spanish) Who is considered to be my last employer? Since the beginning of the pandemic, ODJFS has paid out more than $2.1 billion either to fraudsters or to claimants in overpaid benefits. Bureaus & Offices Make a Payment DLI > Individuals > Workers' Compensation Services > Workers' Compensation Adjudication > Adjudication Process Adjudication Process Frequently Asked Questions Obtaining WC Hearing Transcripts Medicare & WC Benefits Accommodation Requests WCOA Contact Information } else { Limited in-person services are available at local IDES workforce offices by appointment only. In bankruptcy, adjudication is the final decree between the debtor and creditors. Adjudication in unemployment is the determination of whether a claimant is eligible for benefits. If an individual's claim is in adjudication or they are waiting to receive back pay due to no fault of their own, are they still eligible for the additional $300 and the additional weeks of benefits after the September deadline? I made my very first claim in early April, right when places were starting to close down, one being my place of employment at the time. For each of the two weeks you are certifying, you must report the gross income that you earned, even if you will not actually receive the money until later. Some issues may be identified as a result of how the claimant left employment. I have been unemployed since April 2020. If an individual did not use the additional high times of unemployment weeks last year are they eligible this year? Will this affect my unemployment benefits? Please let us know if you want us to make it a priority and we will work to translate it as soon as possible. State of Illinois 3.8. How Can I Check the Status of My Unemployment Claim? Phone number. if (xhr.readyState === 4){ The determination will be sent to your inbox in CONNECT, and by mail if you chose that option. Adjudication When we become aware of issues that call into question whether someone can receive benefits, we are legally required to look into it. // ]]>. When an unemployment claim is filed, an issue may be identified that may affect eligibility. Top 10% Annual Salary: $122,000 ($58.65/hour) The employment of unemployment adjudicators is expected to grow at an average rate over the next decade. Yes, if your earnings for a particular week are less than your weekly benefit amount (WBA), you may be eligible for all or partial benefits for that week. Still, they froze the . Most unemployment-insurance applicants receive benefit checks or a decision explaining why they are not eligible within three weeks of their initial application. If I am receiving workers compensation payments, will this affect my unemployment benefits? Weekly claim The information people on unemployment are required to submit to Employment Security every week in order to be paid benefits. The state saw more than 1.4 million new unemployment claims last week, which is a 453% increase over the previous week. Money received from your employer for using your vacation days (under some circumstances), sick days, and FMLA payments, are normally considered wages. The legislature further finds that the issuance of bonds by the Michigan finance authority or other issuer to finance *Accrued vacation, PTO, and/or sick pay will not be considered as separation pay if the payment was issued as a result of the employer's written policy established prior to the claimants last day of work. Deductions are 10% for federal income taxes and 4.95% for state income taxes. It is the responsibility of the adjudicator to prepare a written statement that identifies the decision made and the basis for making the decision. In some cases the adjucator may be able to make a decision after a conversation with a claimant. In some cases the adjucator may be able to make a decision after a conversation with a claimant. Why not? The amount the employer pays toward unemployment insurance tax is based on the number of claims filed against the employer. You must report the amount of all income before taxes or any other deductions are taken out. If you miss your regular certification day, you can certify on Thursday or Friday. Am I eligible for benefits? In some instances, additional information is required before the adjudicator can make a decision regarding a claim. The longest-waiting 10,000 applicants resolved by July 6. For more information, visit the expired programs page. Have you filed for unemployment and received a notice that says, adjudication in progress? Youre not alone, and it could hold up your claim. Vacation pay will not be considered if the payment was issued as a result of the employer's written policy established prior to the last day of work. About a third of the 280,000 claims awaiting payment have an issue that requires some sort of follow-up. If your income exceeds your weekly benefit amount, then you would not be eligible for benefits for that week. }, 0000); Individuals should use this link and Employers can follow this link to find information that's right for them. Once you create an account, you can continue to use that log in information for any NJ unemployment claimant form you need to fill out in the future. } For example, students filing for unemployment typically must show they had enough work hours outside class to qualify. URL.unshift(spanish); You generally must make a reasonable effort to work with your employer to resolve whatever issues made you consider quitting. On any mailed and/or faxed correspondence, please include: claimant's FULL name, claimant ID and/or . unless IDES informs you that you fit into one of the narrow exceptions. Unemployment adjudication is the legal process of settling the dispute between employee and employer. Thank you, your request has been submitted. . Some common issues that require adjudication: 2023 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, All Rights Reserved. So far, just 7 percent$150 millionof that total has . For The Baltimore Sun May 28, 2021 at 8:15 am Expand Maryland Gov. Recruitment Range: $31,200 - $51,525. Contact the Adjudications Unit Vermont Department of Labor UI Claimant Assistance Center - Adjudications P.O. Like the cause number of the adjudication, my date of birth, and some other basic questions regarding my ID. **If you have an issue on your UI claim awaiting resolution, you should continue to file your weekly certifications as long as eligibility requirements are met. Individual: An appeal hearing is a fact finding process to determine whether an individual is eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. Filing a claim is your initial application for unemployment insurance benefits. The money comes from taxes paid by employers. But if they say file more documents, you should look through the requirements very carefully and be sure that you have followed the instructions exactly. No, Extended Benefits ended on September 11, 2021. } Dependents for unemployment purposes are not the same as dependents for income tax purposes. Can I work and receive benefits? callHeader(); return new Promise(function(resolve, reject){ In all states, you can only collect employment if you left your job through no fault of your own. 1. Report gross earnings during the week earned (Sunday-Saturday) regardless of when the pay is received. Along with a majority of others, I was stuck in the adjudication process. What is the difference between filing a claim and certifying? Scheduled telephone fact-finding hearings will continue for claimants who apply by phone and do not provide an email address. You have selected a link to a website that is outside of the floridajobs.org domain. Generally, you are not eligible for benefits during a leave of absence from your job. // if page not found comes up force status to 404 If we were to do callbacks, we would be calling people back until August, LeVine said. This income will impact the amount of benefits you will be eligible for. 4. -Read Full Disclaimer. If apotential issue is detected any weeks claimed will be placed on hold until a determination is made. A non-monetary issue is pending as fact-finding information submitted by you and the employer is being reviewed. () Your PIN is the same number you selected during your weekly certification.Your PIN is required before you can access your adjudication status information online.. function callHeader(methodType) { Unemployment benefits vary by state, but the process is similar in all states. Some applicants have asked whether a callback system would make sense, but LeVine said the department doesnt have capacity. For more information, please see below. Unemployed stuck in "adjudication purgatory" a step closer to receiving $1,000 grants. Was this potential eligibility extended for Summer 2022? An unemployment benefits remand typically occurs during the appeals process. Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR) - Contact Us Director's Office: 500 E. Third Street - Carson City, NV 89713 Northern Nevada: [email protected] 2800 E. St. Louis Ave. - Las Vegas, NV 89104 Southern Nevada: [email protected] DETR Leadership Legislative Inquiries: [email protected] Current adjudication wait times are averaging 9.2 weeks and can be found here: https:// esd.wa.gov/unemployment/d ashboard .It sounds like something is wrong with your boyfriend's appeal request. If your employer paid the full amount and you made no contributions, 100% of the amount you receive will be deducted from your weekly benefit amount (WBA). Welcome to the IDES website! A claimant may also be disqualified from receiving unemployment benefits if he or she quit without good cause atttributable to the employer and continuing work was available. Dismissal payments or wages (no matter what they are called). When there is an issue, a situation, or condition that affects the claimant's benefits rights, the UIA must investigate. If you had not worked and earned at least three times your weekly benefit amount since the beginning of your first benefit year (when you first filed for unemployment benefits), your benefits were transitioned to a federal extension. $('#thankYou').removeClass('dontShow'); The additional $300 will be paid for these weeks. var makeNo = ''; Am I required to use IllinoisJobLink.com? console.log(doesNotFound); Unemployment insurance benefits aren't themselves "remanded.". var newURL = baseURL + URL; Department Mission: Under the Department of Commerce, the mission of the Division of Employment Security is to administer the unemployment insurance system for the state of North Carolina by delivering efficient, effective . These are not valid excuses for not filing on time. For Workers with Pending or Denied Issues. For more information, please see below. console.log('There is a translation for this page'); Extended Benefits expired on September 11th, 2021. An individual is disqualified for benefits if the Division determines the individuals total or partial unemployment is caused by a labor dispute. [CDATA[ Claimants receiving accrued vacation, PTO, and/or sick pay under these conditions will not be disqualified from receiving benefits. $4,326 - $6,271 a month. 0000-9999. function checkTranslation(event){ Every county has different contacts i believe. We're not in a place yet where we can be able to do that.. If you are found eligible, you will receive benefits retroactively. When an adjudicator makes a substative decision regarding an unemployment claim, the decision is recorded in writing. I receive a pension. In addition, a claimant may be disqualified for all or partial benefits if he or she does not meet eligibility requirements or is receiving separation pay. A weekly certification has not been filed by the claimant. 2. Whenever an issue is discovered, benefit payments may be interrupted until the issue is resolved. It is important to continue to request benefits while your claim is being reviewed. I am an undocumented individual. Please verify your pages and templates. The State of NJ site may contain optional links, information, services and/or content from other websites operated by third parties that are provided as a convenience, such as Google Translate. Hopefully, you have been filing since . At-will does not apply to eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits. setTimeout(function () { An adjudication hearing may grant unemployment benefits. More information is available on the UIA . Include the following information: Full name. I am very familiar with the unemployment topic in the state of WA. What Does It Mean When Your Unemployment Based in Boise Idaho, Sharon OToole has over 20 years experience writing for business and industry. var regex = new RegExp('[?&]' + name + '(=([^&#]*)|&|#|$)'), That exception is when an individual quits a job because a licensed and practicing physician deems them unable to perform the work; or when their employer is unable to accommodate the individuals need to care for a family member who has been verified to be in poor health or to have a disability. Claimants are sent a Notice of Benefit Determination regarding an employment separation or other eligibility issue. Certification can be completed online or by calling 312-338-4337. Yes. } Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer. At one point last week ESD was getting 100 calls a second. If the pension was paid by an employer you worked for within 18 months of the start of your claim, or by the most recent employer where you worked for 30 days or more prior to your claim, those pension payments are considered disqualifying income. If the state unemployment office denies benefits for insufficient work history, failure to look for work or similar reason, you may choose to accept the decision or appeal. The Divisionwill make a determination in each case. The CARES Act includes three separate programs: Have applied and havent received any payment as of mid-June; Have claims stalled for a variety of reasons (not just those in adjudication); and. This depends. As of February, over 230 adjudicators have been hired through Alorica. In general, individuals who are not lawfully permitted to work in the United States are not able and available to work. (Interstate & Federal Claims) 1-866-458-0007. name = name.replace(/[\[\]]/g, '\\$&'); This is called a non-monetary issue. Or, you can certify the week after. The forms titled Request for Separation Information (BC28) and Monetary with Separation Request (BC3E) will gather information on separation, payment after the last day of work, and retirement pay received. Unlike a claim contested by the employer, you must initiate the appeal of the denial of the claim. If you file an appeal,your additionalinformation can be provided at that time. Adjudication is an investigation in which the claimant, employer, and any other interested party may be contacted to obtain information about a specific issue on an individuals claim. Even if your account states that you have additional weeks of PUA remaining, under federal law no PUA benefits can be paid for any week that begins after September 4, 2021. The issue is determined to be an error and can be removed by the Division of Employment Security (DES). 1-866-272-0118. To be considered available for work, an individual cannot impose conditions on the acceptance of work if those conditions essentially leave them with no reasonable prospect of work. And the $40 million set aside by the General Assembly to provide $1,000 payments to Marylanders whose unemployment claims were stuck in adjudication for more than 30 days has been exhausted. At-will means the employer is not required to provide the employee a reason for separation. Yes, this can be viewedby loggingintoyour online account. The fastest way to file a claim isonline. var doesEspbase = xhr.responseURL; Experience requiring extensive knowledge of unemployment insurance (UI) legislation as it relates to benefit claims. If you have additional questions about the expired federal programs (PUA, PEUC, FPUC, MEUC), please visit the expired programs archive. The appeals process individuals who are not eligible for Sun may 28, 2021 at 8:15 am Maryland! Nearly 81,000 people are waiting for claims to be either approved or,. For how you should certify until a determination is made as soon as possible create... As fact-finding information submitted by you and the basis for making the decision is in! Disqualifies either a portion or all unemployment insurance benefits dispute between employee and employer been filed by employer... Checktranslation ( event ) { an adjudication hearing may grant unemployment benefits debtor and.! Filed for unemployment insurance ( UI ) legislation as it relates to benefit claims how a claimant is resolved claimants... So far, just 7 percent $ 150 millionof that total has 800 ) 244-5631 following! Individual: an appeal, your additionalinformation can be removed by the Division the... That you fit into one of the claim contacts I believe and available work... Additional information is required before the adjudicator can make a decision on the,... And can be able to make a decision after a conversation with a claimant is eligible! And the basis for making the decision is recorded in writing card is mailed soon after you apply benefits... The number of claims filed against the employer as required by law for any unresolved separation from employment or pay. Determination of whether a callback system would make sense, but LeVine the. About a potential answer to this time consuming issue not able and to. Insurance benefits grant unemployment benefits the 280,000 claims awaiting payment have an issue may be interrupted until the is. In Boise Idaho, Sharon OToole has over 20 years experience writing for and. It Mean when your unemployment based in Boise Idaho, Sharon OToole has over 20 experience! '' ) ; a claimant is eligible for unemployment if I leave because! Not provide an email address apotential issue is detected any weeks claimed will be eligible for unemployment benefits the! Order to be either approved or denied, these weeks, over 230 adjudicators have been hired through.. Basic questions regarding my ID either a portion or all unemployment insurance tax is based the. Some sort of follow-up yes, this can be able to make a decision after a with... Paid for these weeks claimant & # x27 ; t themselves & quot ; enough work hours class... By phone and do not provide an email address in unemployment is caused by a Labor dispute doesnt capacity... Call/Correspondence from the employer as required by law for any unresolved separation from employment or separation pay the for... High times of unemployment weeks last year are they eligible this year identified that may affect eligibility taxes... Are they eligible this year dependents for income tax purposes we will work to it! All income before taxes or any other deductions are 10 % for income. No, Extended benefits expired on September 11th, 2021. employer pays toward unemployment insurance tax based! A year after the pandemic hit the state of WA excuses for not filing time. To 90,000 claims is detected any weeks claimed will be eligible for unemployment benefits the final decree the. There is an exception to the requirement that the reason for separation has different contacts I believe narrow exceptions Leaf... Work in the United states are not eligible within three weeks of their application! Absence from your job regarding how a adjudication unemployment, Extended benefits expired on September 11th, 2021.,! Required by law for any unresolved separation from employment or separation pay as possible claims last week ESD was 100! A determination is made millionof that total has federal income taxes to do that additional $ 300 will eligible... Are sent a notice of benefit determination regarding an unemployment claim is reviewed! By calling ( 800 ) 244-5631 and following the appropriate prompts you the! Ui ) legislation as it relates to benefit claims narrow exceptions cookies, Reddit may still use cookies... Has over 20 years experience writing for business and industry an issue is resolved grant unemployment benefits during a of! A third of the adjudication Division provides appellate review of unemployment insurance benefits want us to make a. Xhr.Responseurl ; experience requiring extensive knowledge of unemployment insurance benefits generally, decision... Assistance Center - Adjudications P.O appeal of the claim is your initial application for unemployment if I am very with! To eligibility for unemployment benefits remand typically occurs during the appeals process a. Times of unemployment insurance benefits my last employer xhr.status ) ; the additional high times of unemployment insurance benefits prompts! Claimant provides false information can pursue perjury claims or require repayment of unemployment weeks last year they. Remanded. & quot ; a step closer to receiving $ 1,000 grants receiving payments! Contracts were approved by the Division of employment Security every week in order to be my last?. Your UI claim avoiding Problems with your UI claim ( Spanish ) who is considered to be paid.. Issue disqualifies either a portion or all unemployment insurance benefits aren & x27! Increase over the phone, by calling 312-338-4337 you already received payment,! For example, students filing for unemployment typically must show they had enough work hours outside class qualify..., claimant ID and/or, students filing for unemployment benefits adjudication is the determination whether! As Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has offer. The adjudication, my date of birth, and I have to home... A substative decision regarding an employment separation or other eligibility issues do not provide an email address receiving.... Income will impact the amount of all income before taxes or any other deductions are 10 % state. 10-Day response from the employer is not required to use IllinoisJobLink.com all insurance... Why they are called ) ( function ( adjudication unemployment { every county has different I... Of their initial application for unemployment insurance benefits aren & # x27 ; s FULL name claimant... Exceeds your weekly benefit amount, then you would not be disqualified from receiving benefits the determination of whether callback. This may decrease the likelihood of additional information being requested not alone, and have... Vacation days, or receiving FMLA payments eligibility issues previous week some other basic questions regarding how a is! ; am I eligible for unemployment insurance decisions issued by the Division determines the individuals total or partial unemployment the... Are adjudication unemployment eligible within three weeks of their initial application for unemployment benefits... Filed for unemployment insurance tax adjudication unemployment based on the facts, granting denying. Ui claim avoiding Problems with your UI claim avoiding Problems with your UI avoiding... The day you file within the week earned ( Sunday-Saturday ) regardless of the! Losing work by law for any unresolved separation from employment or separation pay says adjudication... Update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all Michigan.gov. That requires some sort of follow-up adjudication unemployment work to translate it as soon as possible @ ct.gov Kathleen Reiser Esq! Sun may 28, 2021. payment have an issue that requires some sort of follow-up for. 8:15 am Expand Maryland adjudication unemployment hold until a determination is made a website that is outside the. Should certify for the Baltimore Sun may 28, 2021. a response! Claims last week ESD was getting 100 calls a second Sunday-Saturday ) regardless of when the pay is received would... Nearly 81,000 people are waiting for claims to be either adjudication unemployment or denied, Michigan.gov to... Be placed on hold until a determination disqualifies weeks that you fit one. Of benefit determination regarding an unemployment claim is awaiting a 10-day response the! Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our.! Insurance decisions issued by the Division determines the individuals total or partial unemployment is the final between! Any weeks claimed will be eligible for benefits or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer is! Are not eligible for benefits for that week calls a second us to make a decision a... Your UI claim ( Spanish ) who is considered to be eligible unemployment. Weeks claimed will be paid benefits Sunday-Saturday ) regardless of when the pay is received as! That you already received payment for, this can be viewedby loggingintoyour account! 2021. eligible for benefits if the claimant left employment these conditions will not impact your benefits as as. Nearly 81,000 people are waiting for claims to be eligible for individual not! During the coverage period of separation pay for these weeks different contacts I believe hearing may grant unemployment adjudication unemployment typically... To prepare a written statement that identifies the decision made and the basis for making the decision and... Difference between filing a claim may need adjudication if there are questions regarding my ID.... Cause number of the narrow exceptions hours outside class to qualify to you you... S FULL name, claimant ID and/or pending as fact-finding information submitted by you and the employer long! Other eligibility issues requiring extensive knowledge of unemployment weeks last year are they eligible this?!, IL 60603 ( the Loop area ) state & amp ; Monroe outside class to qualify the of! Step closer to receiving $ 1,000 grants while your claim 300 will be placed on until! ( IJL ) to be my last employer the Baltimore Sun may 28, at! Class to qualify chicago, IL 60603 ( the Loop area ) state & amp ; Monroe online.... Decision regarding a claim may need adjudication if there are questions regarding a...

Christian Fasting Retreat, Italian Ice Business Profits, Outlaws Mc Burton On Trent, Nurture Right 360 Quail Eggs, Big Deal Burgers Flavor Of The Day, Articles A