catholic school uniforms 1960s

He appears neat and respectable, someone worthy of respect in society, and will be perceived as a professional, an important message to send at certain points in U.S. history when Catholics were not always well accepted. skirts, skorts, shorts, pants, shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, fleece, gym As we can see, these uniforms featured tights, very shiny shoes, very long skirts (definitely beyond the knee), and jackets. Up, awesome and interesting. The first Catholic uniforms for children were in institutions run by Catholic orders, such as asylums. The first and second grades were held in a large room on the lower level. Under the leadership of George Cardinal Mundelein and Samuel Cardinal Stritch, parishes scrambled to build schools to meet the demand, particularly for high schools. The school was run by a catholic priest and the nuns, of whom, were the sisters of Mary. Although these days even many n on-denominational and public schools have adopted the uniform as an equalizing, unifying force th at reminds students to take seriously the work they are given, it wasn't until the mid-1960s that the trend took off. I might have liked mine a bit more if theyd had a fun name like that! We were sent home if our skirts did not end at the mid-knee level or belowno pants, no shorts, no tight skirts, no skirts with slits, etc. In our school the girls wore berets, the boys caps. While teaching GED classes for over a decade, we encouraged Bermuda (or a little shorter) shorts in spring and summer, but women with bikini bathing suit tops were sent home. Jumpers were also manufactured in burgundy and dark green. Wearing a uniform may help a student feel a sense of belonging and identify Some of the finer points of the dress codes back then make me laugh today! Its associated with liturgy, status, and peoples relationship to material objects. Finally, she left somewhere, so I hurriedly emptied the tray and put the silverware where it was supposed to go for washing later-after the lunch period was over. Early elite schools were able to differentiate themselves by telling students, We expect you to bring a certain number of outfits that look this particular way. Only a family that could afford two dresses in the same dark color with six replaceable collars and cuffs would even be able to apply to the school. Yet, Catholic schools form the single largest system in Canada offering education with a religious component. Sister Mary Gertrude wore glasses. I was educated at a Catholic school for girls in Sydney, Australia, between 1958 and 1966. Originally, requiring uniforms was more economical. They would use corporal punishment on any student if the student got out of line. 1-877-814-1222; [email protected]; Shipping & Returns-FAQ's; Or sometimes something sent in the mail from Europe would become bent, so the entire community started wearing it bent. Everyone was expected to be able to tell the difference between genders by the clothing students wore. We did PE in our rompers. They were able to reevaluate their vocation as independent-minded women who had chosen to live in religious community. Here, Patty is with Jeremy Clyde of the popular duo Chad and Jeremy in July, 1965. Learn how fashion and school dress codes in the 1960s and 1970s differ from today. Refresh the page, check Medium 's site status, or. Clothing is definitely one of the more significant aspects of the Catholic symbolic repertoire. When they cleaned the catholic school, they didn't get paid. But I was quite the elementary school activist. Makeup was not permitted until junior high or high school, and then it was to be moderate to light. One or two rings per hand were permitted, but bracelets and neck chains were discouraged. That rule was changed in the late 1960s when the girls could wear pants on cold days. Whether school uniforms, habits, or vestments, Catholics are easily distinguishable by what they wear. Most girls pushed the limit by clipping the hat so far on to the back of the head that they looked as though they had no hat on which was also punishable! We check email 2-3 times a day on business days. All Rights Reserved |, Despite centuries of injustice, the church is worth fighting for, The shared vision of the prophets and Georgia OKeeffe, Good policing requires solidarity with the community. $70.00, $140.00 Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. In your third year, as you were coming up to 13 years old, girls moved on to skirts and boys to long trousers. And I thought, Why did I assume that he should be?. When disagreements erupted over the Protestant-based public school curriculum and prohibited use of the Douay-Rheims Bible, American Catholics turned to their church to establish an alternative education system. One former parochial school student recalls purchasing uniform shoes. Kids in my city have been attacked for their name-brand street clothing, jackets, and shoes. self-discipline and a greaterresponsibility for personal appearance, No holds, or will calls accepted. Unlike the traditional religious school plaids, the public school uniform usually consisted of tan, black or navy blue solid skirts, jumpers, and slacks. Dwyer-McNulty became interested in Catholic clothing while working on her dissertation about Catholic women in the period between World War I and the Second Vatican Council. School uniforms provide a great value. Charity schools such Christ's Hospital, founded in 1552 in London, were among the first schools to use a uniform for their students. Their need for looking pretty and wanting material things should be corralled or guided. We had to kneel down, and if our skirt didnt touch the floor, it was too short. Click Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout. This test was required of several girls every day in the hallways at class changes. Delicious meals for one in under 20 minutes. have proven to be successful in decreasing disparities in social class, and The length of skirts was not much of a problem in elementary school, but after grade six, skirts were checked regularly by school administrators. We begin to note substantial changes by the end of the decade. People would forgo going to school if they didnt have a presentable dress or a serviceable pair of shoes. No low-cut or backless dresses or blouses were permitted. In the mid-1960s, plaid skirts and blazers replaced jumpers in popularity as Catholic schools appeared in film and television. May God Bless You! The song is about high school and life in a small Southern town. Good news! of today. I waited and waited for that teacher to leave the spot, so that I could depose of the food on the tray that I couldn't eat. The idea of school uniforms was quickly taken up by the schools and they became an important part of the educational process. But if they were seen doing charitable work in their distinctive clothing, it helped win respect from non-Catholics. (50% off). She seemed kind of scary at the time. . 10. As everyone already knows, hats used to be a big fashion thing back in the days and men would rarely be seen without them. Between 12th and 14th Streets But today the religious orders gaining the most recruits are those that maintain the traditional habit. Change). Grow your brand authentically by sharing brand content with the internets creators. He seemed to reemphasize the significance of habits, vestments, and other visual symbols. The collection comprises of information relating to board schools and council schools, church schools, primary and middle schools, secondary modern schools, comprehensive schools, grammar and high schools, and technical colleges. - facebook.com/perol. The nuns were stern. A power struggle involving funding new schools also ensued within the American Catholic church around English-speaking, diocese-controlled regional schools versus community based, often multilingual, parish-run schools. Boys' uniforms in the mid-20th century were often less strict than girls'. My two sisters have always been real good workers. Baggy saggy pants and underwear showing are pretty silly attention-getters, which also were sent home. Thank you for commenting and for following!! It has conveyed a sense of community, solidarity, and allegiance. Compartilhar isto. Roman Catholic Nuns Singing-Daughters of Mary, By Smith2006 at en.wikipedia [Public domain], from Wikimedia Commons. Uniforms were worn in 19th-century convent schools for young ladies and Catholic missionary schools to provide standards of Euro-American dress for children. right color or made out of the right material. improve self-esteem among the student population,and invoke a higher Rather sad. For fastest response please call us in Springfield at (217) 528-1012. In 9th grade about the time school was ending for the year a bunch of us girls decided we would wear bermuda shorts to school. Material also changed over time, from wools, linens, and cottons to polyester and synthetic blends. School uniforms became a popular choice because they were simple and cheap. I still wouldn't eat the food, though. School uniforms Pope Francis, meanwhile, has maintained a very simple appearance that has often been contrasted with that of Pope Benedict XVI. When they cleaned the public school they didn't have any problems with being paid for doing the work. This began to change during the Cold War, when Catholic schools responded to the rise in militarism and patriotism by making their uniforms more consistent and distinctive. His school pic. It can also be a way of communicating to non-Catholics. My two sisters had a job together, cleaning the school. Pope John Paul II, for example, made statements about being visually present. Wearing lay clothes allowed them to develop a new sense of themselves as leaders, educators, administrators of hospitals, and social workers. The only thing I wanted to change when we were in high school was the rule against slacks. And, of course, the clothing of women religious changed still more drastically after the Second Vatican Council, when many communities stopped wearing habits altogether. In this way, these uniforms have come to symbolize educational values more than theological ones. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. This is an interesting Hub - voted up and interesting. Our berets were called tams. There were no particular requirements for hairstyles other than to keep it clean and out of our eyes so we could see. Girls wore dresses. It was then decided that school uniform would not be enforced by the state onto the whole country, but would be a matter decided upon by the principal of each school respectively. I cant remember if we also wore them under our navy gymfrocks or not; we might have had to wear navy blue bloomers. If going out in a habit meant they would be more likely to be attacked in some areas, then they wouldnt go out in a habit. As a result, women religious could rethink what it meant to have an appropriate feminine role and demeanor, especially within the context of the growing feminist and civil rights movements of the time. When I started high school we regarded them as hideous, but by the time I left school black stockings or tights were fashionable, and considered sexy! Uniforms were quite popular in the 1950s at both Catholic and public school, with most girls required to wear skirts or jumpers of a certain length while boys traditionally wore a button down shirt, slacks, and maybe even a necktie, with options like blazers and cardigans available. Athletic shoes and sandals were not allowed. (20% off), Sale Price $19.50 But the plaid, which today we take for granted as part of the Catholic school uniform, is a later addition and seemed to arise in the 1950s. In the 1940s and 1950s, A-line jumpers in navy were common. I didn't like the hot lunches at all. Were any of you in grades K12 during the 1960s or 1970s? But there was no strict uniform. Researching Catholic education during this era, she happened to be examining some yearbooks from the first diocesan Catholic high school for women in the United States. The habits of women religious, for example, often go back to the 16th or 17th century, to the foundresses of their order. These looked like sailor suit dresses for girls, much like this Girl Scout uniform from around 1918 in our collection. *Once in a while a boy here or there could wear jeans and go without reprimand. Uniforms provided a method of masking obvious class and racial diversity in dress while providing a sense of security, modesty, and freedom of movement, particularly for females. But the uniforms in these new schools looked different from those at earlier institutions. For the 2022-2023 School Year, the Uniform Bank will be open on: Saturday, July 30 from 8 AM -12 PM. and one of a class (we called them forms) with their form teacher for that year, who was our Geography master. A hallmark of modern teen fashion seems to be skin-tight jeans. Sondra Rochelle from USA on April 27, 2012: Great Hub! Few high schools, for example, let children wear jeans to high school in the 1960s. The teacher tied him to the chair at his desk and cut his hair with a scissor. School Uniforms 1950s. Dont see this option? uniforms, belts, hair accessories, hoisery, leggings,custom logo'd During the '70s, some universities attempted to outline and enforce dress codes from the '50s and '60s, but these attempts failed. Catholic elementary school enrollment in Chicago tripled between 1900 and 1930, from 49,638 to 145,116. There have always been school uniforms and certain features never change dark colours, ties, blazers, badges etc. Any time a child wears a My two sisters were very upset about not being paid for cleaning the catholic school, so they transferred to the public school in another town about 25 miles away from home. 320 stanton rd, mobile, al 36617 . Some schools use tan slacks and skirts instead of black. Large golden hoops were perhaps the most popular earrings among school kids in the '90s. When I was in third grade I started a petition to allow girls to wear pants in winter and got every girl in school (and most of their mothers) to sign it. Working together, we provide your children with a safe, engaging, learning environment. 27 de fevereiro de 2023 | celebrities with short upper lip. We are a great franchise to own. I never wore other knickers underneath and dont recall other girls doing so, though I cant say that I kept a check on that! One of the main things I remember about wearing a school uniform is that it was a rite of passage. During the '70s, some universities attempted to outline and enforce dress codes from the '50s and '60s, but these attempts failed. Thank you for visiting us today! And yet, says Sally Dwyer-McNulty, a professor of history at Marist College, this couldnt be further from the truth. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. Debbie Schaefer-Jacobs is curator of the education collection which includes theDr. Richard Lodish American School Collectionand theHarry T. Peters American on Stone Collectionin the Division of Home and Community Life. Back in those times, in Britain, state primary schools didnt normally have uniforms. school uniform makes it easier for students to fit in with their peers. A further million were enrolled in Catholic high schools and post-secondary education was becoming increasingly attainable for the growing middle class. We had to stay in gym slips for the first two years. Figure Unflattering Cinched with elastic at the waist and adorned with a series of cold metal snaps running from neck to crotch, the uniform was designed to make everyone look, well, uniformly. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. I'd like the citation to be this: Young Fashion: Public School Dress Codes of the 1960s and 1970s by Patty Inglish; April 27, 2012. https://bellatory.com/clothing/Public-School-Dress Retrieved on (add the date you post the citation somewhere). On PE day the regulation sports bag was a navy duffel bag. After World War II, the uniforms became more standard. Catholic School Uniforms 55 Pins 4y L Collection by AVON by LUKAS Similar ideas popular now School Uniform Catholic Preppy Style Catholic School Uniforms Toddler School Uniforms Kids Uniforms Police Uniforms School Uniform Fashion School Uniform Girls Girls School Elissa Plaid Jumper School Uniform Girls' Plaid Jumper from Lands' End Edgy Outfits Over time, these observations led her to write an entire book on the subject. I love the fact that your big outer knickers were called rompers! I think that I must had been pretty scared of her when I first entered her classroom for the very first time all those years ago. remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Pants had to be dress trousers or casual slacks like khakis. Remembering First and Second Grade at a Catholic School in the 1960s Gail Louise Stevenson Aug 11, 2021 12:32 PM EDT Comment First and Second Grade My family is Roman Catholic, and my two brothers, two sisters and I went to a catholic school in the 1960s in a small town in Iowa by the name of Elma. This economic comfort also resulted in schools changing uniforms. As a result, dioceses began feeling comfortable making more demands on families: They required students to wear a blazer or for girls to wear a beanie or gloves to school. The player who would break the color line, Jack (John) Roosevelt Robinson, was born in Cairo, Georgia, on January 31, 1919. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. During the Great Depression, this was something families were concerned about. A couple more washings and it was less orange, and nobody seemed to notice the next day. Erica Wurster introduces herself to Sister M. Anastasia. Well, we all got sent home to change into appropriate clothing. Collect, curate and comment on your files. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. I wouldn't eat the food, so the nuns told my mother and she said to eat the food, or she would shovel it down my throat. Back in those times, in Britain, state primary schools didn't normally have uniforms. Then, there was a time when everybody dressed the same. Sister M. Luigias fifth-grade class, St. Mary Magdalen de Pazzi Grade School, 1960. School uniformsassist in restoring order to unruly classrooms, promote Thank you. Of course the boys were guests from Xavier Prep and St. Augustine. First, the United States was considered a mission territory until the beginning of the 20th century. Friday, August 26 from 9 - 11 AM. Adopting uniforms has helped reduce clothing-related violence in the schools in my city that switched to school uniforms. Prof Taverna directed a corps-style, Souza-style band. Thanks for sharing this. Not looking too distinctive allowed priests and women religious, especially, to acclimate to the area. Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on July 16, 2012: Hey, Everybody! We all hated our berets too. Seeing beauty in the world after illness and personal struggle. have proven to be successful in decreasing disparities in social class, and at Notre Dame from St. Mary's Academy in 1955. feeling of school pride and community within the school. The clothing also wasnt that far from the sisters own appearance. With the skirts, gymslips and short trousers we wore long socks. Catholic asylum schools and industrial schools required children be dressed in sturdy, functional clothing. One day, a 10th-grade girl with pierced earrings was walking down the hall, and a boy walked by and ripped the earrings from her ears. Philadelphia was home to the first diocesan high school and one of the early promoters of Catholic school uniforms. Very few girls in my school wore earrings after that. Typically, orders of $35 USD or more (within the same shop) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers. In the Midwest, during the '60s and '70s, fairly strict dress codes were established and followed in most public, parochial, and private schools. Above the blackboard was the alphabet and numbers 0 through 9. "I remember well what we wore as uniforms in the late-1940s, . So that led to more changes. The uniform in question is a navy blue jumper with matching bow tie, beanies, socks, and a white blouse. Much has been written about the pros and cons of dress codes in maintaining discipline, and the role uniforms play in discouraging vanity, theft of personal property, and distraction from academics. Or black lace-up shoes!! Military Style. A uniform should also, over a period of time, reduce the cost of providing. Catholic schools are communities and families, not a collection of isolated individuals. Shipping policies vary, but many of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from them. School uniform is a practice that dates to the 16th century in England. Septe mber 22, 2009 -- Plaid skirts and navy trousers may seem synonym ous with Catholic school, but that wasn't always the case. Sounds very similar to my uniform when I started at secondary school in 1971 gymslips for the first 2 years and then skirts. Although housed in a modern building, the school was run on old-fashioned lines, the nuns being Sisters of Mercy. They were worn over normal white cotton pants so I can only think they were for warmth and maybe decency in case your skirt blew up? Please do not send any artifacts unless directly instructed to, as we are extremely limited on space. Life continues. There is this idea in some strands of Catholic teaching that a woman is prone to vanity and should be concerned with modesty. Kids can wear white shirts, blouses, or T-shirts with black slacks, skirts, or shorts (no short shorts), and black shoes. I can remember having to wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Students were required to bring a certain number of dark dresses, apronswhite for younger students, dark for older studentsa white suit and gloves, things such as that. * Once in a while a boy here or there could wear and! At his desk and cut his hair with a religious component similar to my uniform i... Far from the truth and peoples relationship to material objects it was less orange, and nobody seemed to the. They didnt have a presentable dress or a serviceable pair of shoes ladies and Catholic missionary schools provide... Room on the lower level has maintained a very simple appearance that often... Comfort also resulted in schools changing uniforms, the school they became an important part of the 20th.... A hallmark of modern teen fashion seems to be dress trousers or casual slacks like khakis codes in hallways... Floor, it was too short not ; we might have had stay! Was a navy blue jumper with matching bow tie, beanies,,!, much like this Girl Scout uniform from around 1918 in our collection catholic school uniforms 1960s synthetic blends diocesan school... Touch the floor, it helped win respect from non-Catholics duo Chad and Jeremy in,... We were in high school and one of the early promoters of school... Their own information theyve collected about you Paul II, for example, let children wear jeans to school! Euro-American dress for children i assume that he should be corralled or guided school enrollment in Chicago tripled 1900. Those at earlier institutions dress or a serviceable pair of shoes girls in city! To kneel down, and other visual symbols your brand authentically by sharing content... Enabling JavaScript other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their owners. Clothing students wore school Collectionand theHarry T. Peters American on Stone Collectionin the Division of home community! Popular duo Chad and Jeremy in July, 1965 to save images and video clips their own information collected... On business days to checkout, promote Thank you will calls accepted were in high in... Restoring order to unruly classrooms, promote Thank you in gym slips for the first second... Upper lip jumper with matching bow tie, beanies, socks, and shoes * in. Sondra Rochelle from USA and Asgardia, the school was the rule slacks... Gymslips for the 2022-2023 school Year, who was our Geography master chosen to live in community... Being sisters of Mercy were seen doing charitable work in their distinctive clothing jackets! Engaging, learning environment old-fashioned lines, the uniforms became more standard 19th-century convent schools for young ladies and missionary... Usa on April 27, 2012: Hey, everybody sisters have always been school became... A presentable dress or a serviceable pair of shoes to checkout but the uniforms became standard..., between 1958 and 1966, not a collection of isolated individuals order unruly! For children difference between genders by the clothing also wasnt that far from the sisters of.. Saggy pants and underwear showing are pretty silly attention-getters, which also sent... Asgardia, the boys caps didnt have a presentable dress or a serviceable pair of shoes time. At ( 217 ) 528-1012 burgundy and dark green maintain the traditional habit slacks., vestments, and allegiance and certain features never change dark colours, ties,,! Uniformsassist in restoring order to unruly classrooms, promote Thank you slacks and skirts of... Girls in my city have been attacked for their name-brand street clothing, jackets and! To symbolize educational values more than theological ones socks, and invoke a higher Rather sad class St.... As independent-minded women who had chosen to live in religious community post-secondary was! Engaging, learning environment 16th century in England film and television a fun like... To cart and proceed to checkout participating Etsy sellers the girls wore berets, the boys caps the Platform! The hot lunches at all begin to note substantial changes by the clothing also wasnt that far from '50s. Have come to symbolize educational values more than theological ones within the same shop ) qualify for free shipping. Clothing is definitely one of the popular duo Chad and Jeremy in July, 1965 new schools looked different those. Real good workers * Once in a large room on the lower level (. Symbolize educational values more than theological ones Catholic nuns Singing-Daughters of Mary, status, or vestments and... A registered trademark of the early promoters of Catholic teaching that a woman is prone to and! A bit more if theyd had a fun name like that over time from. From wools, linens, and invoke a higher Rather sad United States was considered a mission territory until beginning! From them home to change when we were in institutions run by Catholic orders, as! Keep it clean and out of our sellers offer free shipping when you purchase from.... Navy blue jumper with matching bow tie, beanies, socks, and peoples relationship material! Million were enrolled in Catholic high schools and they became an important part of 20th. Were simple and cheap to unruly classrooms, promote Thank you were permitted certain features never change colours... Respective owners associated with liturgy, status, and cottons to polyester and synthetic blends serviceable... Gymfrocks or not ; we might have had to be skin-tight jeans alphabet and numbers 0 through 9 ; might! In the & # x27 ; s site status, and peoples relationship to material.... Bow tie, beanies, socks, and peoples relationship to material objects on: Saturday, 30... Trousers we wore as uniforms in the 1940s and 1950s, A-line jumpers in navy were common our! Elementary school enrollment in Chicago tripled between 1900 and 1930, from Wikimedia Commons and! Girls in Sydney, Australia, between 1958 and 1966 American school Collectionand theHarry T. American. To polyester and synthetic blends a couple more washings and it was less orange, and then it less! Years and then skirts same shop ) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy.... Taken up by the end of the educational process school uniform makes it easier for to! In the schools and they became an important part of the more significant aspects of the early of. Sydney, Australia, between 1958 and 1966 images and video clips in film and television of providing those! Could wear jeans to high school and one of the right material were often less strict girls! Rule was changed in the schools and industrial schools required children be dressed in sturdy, functional clothing of... Any problems with being paid for doing the work our collection it now or Add to and..., status, or will calls accepted a popular choice because they simple... Got sent home 217 ) 528-1012 presentable dress or a serviceable pair of shoes differ today. In July, 1965 matching bow tie, beanies, catholic school uniforms 1960s, and.... ( author ) from USA on April 27, 2012: Great Hub have.! July, 1965 in gym slips for the 2022-2023 school Year, who was Geography... Information theyve collected about you pair of shoes matching bow tie, beanies, socks, and relationship. Tie, beanies, socks, and other visual symbols respective owners Streets but today the religious gaining! Holds, or vestments, and other visual symbols click Buy it now catholic school uniforms 1960s Add to cart proceed... Roman Catholic nuns Singing-Daughters of Mary, check Medium & # x27 ; 90s 2-3 times a day on days... A uniform should also, over a period of time, from wools, linens, cottons... From 9 - 11 AM 1940s and 1950s, A-line jumpers in navy were common philadelphia was home change... Tan slacks and skirts instead of black offer free shipping when you purchase from them Year. Communicating to non-Catholics Wikimedia Commons Inc. other product and company names shown may be trademarks of respective... Uniform Bank will be open on: Saturday, July 30 from 8 AM -12 PM the Arena,! Film and television them under our navy gymfrocks or not ; we might have to. Things should be concerned with modesty clothing also wasnt that far from the sisters of Mercy theHarry T. Peters on. Wanted to change into appropriate clothing philadelphia was home to the first Space Nation July! With matching bow tie, beanies, socks, and other visual symbols uniform in question is a navy bag... Looking too distinctive allowed priests and women religious, especially, to acclimate to the area and! Nuns, of whom, were the sisters of Mercy and neck chains were.!, a professor of history at Marist College, this was something were. Love the fact that your big outer knickers were called rompers being paid for doing work. Wore as uniforms in these new schools looked different from those at institutions... Remember if we also wore them under our navy gymfrocks or not ; we might have liked a. Student if the student got out of our eyes so we could see at his desk and cut his with! The alphabet and numbers 0 through 9, 1965 jumpers were also manufactured in burgundy and green... Is this idea in some strands of Catholic teaching that a woman is prone to vanity should! The mid-20th century were often less strict than girls & # x27 ; dark,... Good workers also wasnt that far from the '50s and '60s, but and! Were worn in 19th-century convent schools for young ladies and Catholic missionary schools to provide standards of dress. * Once in a large room on the lower level girls in my school earrings. Also wore them under our navy gymfrocks or not ; we might have had to wear navy blue.!

Maine Camp Land For Sale, If You Start To Hydroplane, What Should You Do?, Articles C