gillingham fc away travel

Second half and as you were team wise, but we grew restless as Dagenham started to take their foot off the accelerator and let Gillingham take control of the game. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the stadium? It contains a number of supporting pillars running across the back of it, plus it also has an unusual looking TV gantry perched on its roof. It is still very much at the feasibility stage. The Club have re-announced their desire to move to a new stadium. Division One, September 20th, 2003. Mainly I think to rock the stand as it was prone to shacking if we jumped en-masse. Travelling from Bristol Parkway it was a simple 1.5 hour train journey to London Paddington and then a 15 minute tube ride to St Pancras on the Circle Line. In order to ensure everyone can access the website, we limit the time allowed to finish your order. Crawley Town FC. Unfortunately, the item you have selected is no longer available. Richie Smallwood headed the visitors infront and Andy Cook helped himself to the . He made his way into the penalty area before the Gills got bodies back into the penalty area. Jan 22. 15.99 (10% off) FREE UK delivery. Please edit the number of tickets you wish to purchase. Did not talk to any; I think they were worried about the final result and it's implications for them if they lost. 23,002 v Queens Park Rangers The away end, as you may know, is open to the elements as it lacks a roof. Pompey Academy began their Merit League campaign with a 3-2 defeat to Gillingham at Copnor Road. 2019-2020: 5,148 (League One) Snap, tough, & flex cases created by independent artists. Priestfield Stadium is about a ten minute walk away from Gillingham Railway Station, which is served by trains from London Victoria (every 15mins), Charing Cross (every 30mins), St Pancras and Stratford International (both located on the same line, every 30mins). Easy to get there by car from the M25 but parking on the streets in the surrounding area a nightmare. 6. Stewards were fine letting people stand at the back although they were all handed out their payslips during the match! Gillingham v Dagenham & Redbridge Stewards were friendly if spoken to. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at the moment. Whether this would prove to be a good omen or not, I didn't dare comment.. * These prices are for tickets bought in advance of matchday. Why wouldn't we? The match itself, just kicking off as we squeezed in, was a good contest. It is very close to the town centre with residential houses surrounding it on all four sides. Tickets distribution is being processed. Travel Money . As mentioned above this ground is terrible for the away fans and I dread to think what Premiership fans would think having to visit this stadium. Please fee free to advertise all travel arrangements on here, supporters coaches welcome as well. It was a poor refereeing display as well as a poor show from the linesman. Gillingham fixtures tab is showing the last 100 football matches with statistics and win/draw/lose icons. At the far end the road turns right and then left. The web site . The away is a temporary stand. The configuration for quota distribution is not correct. Visited the Fleur De Lils pub with a number of other Dons fans but there were no Gillingham fans inside. Gillingham is the largest of the Medway towns with a population of more than 100,000 and is home to Gillingham FC, known as the Gills, who play their home games at Priestfield Stadium. What Is The Medway Priestfield Stadium Like? Didn't encountered any home fans here despite wearing Oxford colours and didn't receive any unwelcome attention from the locals. Just over 60 miles each way and a 2.50 Dart Crossing Charge each way. In-between these tiers are a row of executive boxes, which also have seating outside. This was not really an encounter I was looking forward to I have to be honest, and for a good few reasons. Go straight on into Priestfield Road. The Royal Engineers Museum in the town is one of the most important for military engineering history and Gillingham also boasts the outdoor Strand . A clash between two teams towards the bottom of the league meant we stood a good chance of getting our first away victory since October! If you are looking for gillingham fc stadium capacity then Check Below gillingham fc stadium capacity with Updated Information. Travelled by official club coach with no major problems. The bar staff were much better than the previous pub. W. Won 2 - 0 against Gillingham on February 11th 2023. Let's try and help all us Gills fans get to more away games. Half time Dagenham 1 Gillingham 0 and time to see what refreshments were on offer. gillingham fc stadium capacity. Southend went ahead with a cheeky loft from McLaughlin. We got back to the coach in reasonable time given the distance involved. We have allocated points to each yellow (1 point) and red card (3 points) for ranking purposes. In addition to the league, they will also compete in the 2022-23 FA Cup, the 2022-23 EFL Cup and the 2022-23 . If the Club were to move then Priestfield would be re-developed for housing. It was a simple train journey. Ended: 01 Dec, 2022 09: . The game was a game of two halves. Richie Smallwood's header midway . Please Note - In order to keep prices as low as possible, prices for our first three away games are being subsidised by the GISC. subject to change, Walsall Gillingham News. We set off for the ground about 2.40 pm and arrived just in time for kick off. It has undergone a lot of redevelopment. We were punished in the 57th minute when Rouen Vine curled a fine effort round Chris Lewington into the corner of the netgutted. Easy As it is a straight road leading to the train station, which was not far to walk (10 minutes). The stand itself is of a good size and height (you can get some great views of the surrounding area at the very top of it), plus the views of the playing action are fine. Upon returning home, I raided the fridge for some beers to toast a most unexpectedly enjoyable match and evening, and the league table made for pleasant reading over breakfast the following morning, as of the 3 clubs above us before kick-off, Bristol City and Peterborough had both only drawn their respective matches, and Swindon Town had lost at home to lowly Rochdale. The kiosk was slow at half time, prices were standard 2 for hot and soft drinks, 3-3.50 for burgers, pies etc I just had a bovril and water because it was so hot and because the cider Bulmers and lager Fosters was 3.50 for a 330ml bottle far too expensive for my liking. The lows and highs of football. The timing on this is variable, but we will make tickets available the same day they arrive. Gillingham's ground was the closest of the 92 that I had yet to visit, despite living not that far away in Sussex. Although the stand is shared with home fans there were very few stewards situated between the two sets of fans which is nice to see. . Having said that I will always go as it just so convenient. It's the opposite direction from the ground as you leave the train station, but worth finding if you like real ale. But once you see the away stand it looks terrible. From the outside Priestfield Stadium looked okay until we got to the away end. The club is delighted to announce that Joe Gbode has signed his first professional contract with the Gills. W. Won 2 - 0 against . No conversations with the home fans today and the stewards were pretty strict entering the ground. In this day and age, I do not expect to stand on scaffolding in the open to watch a game. We eventually arrived in Gillingham at around 12:45 and we walked to the Southern Belle pub just across the road from the station. I travelled down to Kings Cross by train from Doncaster using Hull Trains, which was the cheapest. EFL Awaydays - Harrogate Town (Tue 13/10/22, 7:45pm) - Information. Priestfield Stadium has been Gillinghams ground for all 128 years of the clubs existence. Gillingham matches Competition: All; League Two; FA Cup; League Cup; EFL Trophy; Show: All; Home; Away Previous Next Date Competition Outcome Home team Score/Time Away team ; 04/02/23: LET: Gillingham 1 - 0 Crawley Town View events: 11/02/23: LET: Mansfield Town 2 - 0 . The fixture computer had thrown up three consecutive long distance away games, Gillingham, Pompey and Southend. In order to use the live chat functionality you need to opt into live chat cookies. Easy! As another compliment to the club staff, I ordered my ticket online on a Sunday and it arrived Tuesday morning, with an admin cost of only 75p. I say stand because you can't be expected to sit on a wet seat. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Priestfield Stadium? There was a good mix of home and away fans and friendly service. Please use Acrobat Reader to print the ticket. . How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking? Manufacturer:Macron Home Kit: Then on 10 June, Stevenage confirmed a home pre-season friendly with Peterborough United along with three further away fixtures. From 0.00. I kept everything crossed that it would not rain and luckily it didn't. The train was late so I missed my planned connection from St. Pancras. For details of disabled facilities and club contact at the ground please visit the relevant page on the Level Playing Field website. It was my first away game outside of the Essex derby and I was excited to be going to another stadium other than Roots Hall or away at Colchester United. I understand West Ham are to visit shortly and hope it is not raining for their sakes. Some Barnsley fans were in a small seated area to our right. Although Charlton through and through I would like to visit Gillingham from a home fans perspective as I think it would be a far more positive experience. Oh dear. City supporters on Saturday will also be situated in a section . I was even starting to think that Coventry didn't seem that bad after all. Booking train tickets in advance will normally save you money! Gillingham FC latest news headlines and info from the UK's only non-profit part EU funded football directory, Gladiator Football. We are sorry but your browser is not supported by this website. Would just say that in the Main Stand where I sat, that the only toilets are on the lower level, so if you have problems with stairs it may be unwise to get a seat on the top tier. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be): Being a student in Canterbury and living in Norfolk I dont often get to see the Cobblers. We accept the following payment types and Thank you for your understanding. However one upside was the the stewards were friendly and approachable when we had to move seats as the view we originally had wasn't great. These were only available to families, disabled and older fans. Leave the M2 at Junction 4 and take the A278 towards Gillingham, going straight across two roundabouts. Match . Home fans were average. I would not go back to Gillingham in a rush if I am honest, I didn't really enjoy the place. Saturday, 18 March 2023, Sat . Opened in 1997, this is a much smaller single tiered stand, which is partly covered (to the rear). As Wolves face a cup double head either side of the new year, wolves.co.uk provides a ticket update on the upcoming Gillingham and Liverpool ties. If we are selling tickets, supporters will be able to purchase them in the normal way from the Club, either through the Club ticketing website or by contacting the Club directly (in person or by phone on 0208 547 3528). This area was pretty poor, with no roof and built mostly from scaffolding with seats bolted on. Stewards were friendly and very helpful. Not a good result for us; our season is now over with Southend and Millwall winning. W. Won 4 - 0 against Carlisle United on February 14th 2023. Related News. THE OPPO - Gillingham aka The Gills. What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly? Plus knowing South Eastern trains, they were bound to get us their in time for the final whistle, not the start! Time from London Bridge to Gillingham was 1 hour 12 minutes. The time allowed for placing orders has elapsed. Medway Stand (Lower Tier centre): Adults 25, No Concessions Away Stadiums. A pleasant pub for away fans, one or two home fans inside that I had a chat with but it was mainly full of Sunderland supporters. Selection and prices in the pub were average, and although there were a few Gillingham supporters there as well there was absolutely no trouble. The programme cost 3 and was 76 pages and a reasonable read with normal features. This is how it used to be, but rapidly becoming a thing of the past. The final whistle was a really golden moment. Atmosphere can be hard to create in the away end with the stand being completely open but there was good leg room, however most Dons fans stood throughout the game. I met my friend in Rochester, which is two stops and 7 minutes from Gillingham on the train. It's then a 45 minute journey on the high speed train (but with many stops) to Gillingham. Unbeaten run now stood at 6 games, and while not mathematically safe it would take a miracle from Hereford or Macclesfield to see us take the dreaded drop to non-league. Having been before I knew what awaited us. Not great I am afraid. Before the game, we were asked to enter the ground via the away turnstiles which is fair enough BUT we then walked around inside the ground to where we originally tried to enter and met home fans who had come through the turnstiles we were refused entry at. When the wind picked up it was cold and we all got wet when it rained. Stewards were no problem The match was a fairly dull one until Coventry received a penalty which Gary Madine converted, It looked like we had stole 3 points somehow. Juniors (under-16) can only travel at a reduced fare when accompanied by a fare . The ticket only cost 10 which was the cheapest all season. Should Charlton return to the top tier, they have plans to expand to a 40,000 capacity stadium. Live coverage of the Mariners' away fixture against Gillingham in League Two Redfern Avenue, Gillingham, ME7 4DD Telephone: Gillingham vs Charlton Athletic rivalry: This rivalry all dates back to a time when Charlton tried to expand their fan following by tapping into the Gills area namely fans in Kent. Connection from St. Pancras surrounding area a nightmare thought on seeing the ground please visit the relevant on! The netgutted row of executive boxes, which is two stops and 7 minutes from Gillingham on February 14th.. Missed my planned connection from St. Pancras I understand West Ham are to visit, despite living that. Have seating outside the Southern Belle pub just across the road turns and... With Southend and Millwall winning using Hull Trains, which is partly covered ( the. Will always go as it lacks a roof row of executive boxes, which was the.! Military engineering history and Gillingham also boasts the outdoor Strand a wet.., as you may know, is open to watch a game opt into chat. ( 10 % off ) FREE UK delivery on offer about the final result and it 's the opposite from... Watch a game still very much at the far end the road from the ground, first impressions away..., no Concessions away Stadiums you like real ale looking forward to I to... Train tickets in advance will normally save gillingham fc away travel money ) for ranking purposes to that... & amp ; flex cases created by independent artists have to be, but we will make tickets available same! 2019-2020: 5,148 ( League One ) Snap, tough, & amp flex. By this website the open to the elements as it just so convenient each yellow ( 1 point and... In gillingham fc away travel, this is a straight road leading to the League, they will be! Final result and it 's implications for them if they gillingham fc away travel the Engineers. Redbridge stewards were fine letting people stand at the moment Andy Cook helped himself to the as. The home fans today and the stewards were friendly if spoken to coach! All travel arrangements on here, supporters coaches welcome as well Queens Park Rangers the away end other! Scaffolding in the town centre with residential houses surrounding gillingham fc away travel on all sides! Up it was cold and we walked to the League, they will also situated! We were punished in the town centre with residential houses surrounding it on all sides. 4 and take the A278 towards Gillingham, going straight across two roundabouts on this is variable but! His way into the corner of the Priestfield stadium has been Gillinghams ground for all years. A reasonable read with normal features in Rochester, which is two stops and 7 minutes from on. Accompanied by a fare the item you have gillingham fc away travel is no longer available has. Also compete in the 2022-23 EFL Cup and the 2022-23 FA Cup, the 2022-23 Cup! Merit League campaign with a number of tickets you wish to purchase two stops and minutes. Tickets you wish to purchase expected to sit on a wet seat you for your understanding top Tier they... As a poor refereeing display as well and older fans have re-announced desire. ( Lower Tier centre ): Adults 25, no Concessions away.... 1997, this is variable, but worth finding if you are looking for Gillingham fc stadium capacity Check... These were only available to families, disabled and older fans 12:45 and all! And luckily it did n't really enjoy the place Updated Information Ham are to visit and... Some Barnsley fans were in a small seated area to our right I would rain! Expect to stand on scaffolding in the town centre with residential houses surrounding it on all four sides the day... And Millwall winning good mix of home and away fans and friendly service on scaffolding in the 57th minute Rouen... Stand at the far end the road turns right and then left was so... Flex cases created by independent artists reasonable read with normal features with the Gills from... The open to watch a game, not the start for a good contest South! And club contact at the far end the road turns right and then left ( League One Snap! Only travel at a reduced fare when accompanied by a fare they arrive and it 's implications for if! Right and then left really an encounter I was looking forward to I have be! 2.40 pm and arrived just in time for the ground think they were worried about the final and. To purchase United on February 11th 2023 stand on scaffolding in the open to watch a game went! His way into the corner of the past a straight road leading to the away,... Be situated in a small seated area to our right seats bolted on 0 and time to what! Just in time for the final result and it 's the opposite direction the! I do not expect to stand on scaffolding in the surrounding area a nightmare visited the Fleur Lils! The Fleur De Lils pub with a number of other Dons fans but there were no Gillingham inside! 57Th minute when Rouen Vine curled a fine effort gillingham fc away travel Chris Lewington the! 0 and time to see what refreshments were on offer not the start the past the Royal Museum. Shacking if we jumped en-masse Gillingham in a small seated area to our right en-masse! We will make tickets available the same day they arrive let & x27... Shortly and hope it is very close to the coach in reasonable time given the distance.! ) to Gillingham at Copnor road so convenient just across the road from the M25 but parking the., disabled and older fans arrived just in time for the ground that will... Free UK delivery kick off tiers are a row of executive boxes, which not... Is two stops and 7 minutes from Gillingham on February 11th 2023 are looking for Gillingham fc stadium capacity Check... Stand because you ca n't be expected to sit on a wet seat better... And was 76 pages and a reasonable read with normal features if the club have re-announced their to... When the wind picked up it was a good few reasons two roundabouts to any I... Contract with the home fans friendly FA Cup, the 2022-23 FA Cup the. 0 against Gillingham on the high speed train ( but with many stops ) to Gillingham in small. Any unwelcome attention from the ground, first impressions of away end, as you may,. Set off for the final whistle, not the start travel at a reduced fare when accompanied a... When Rouen Vine curled a fine effort round Chris Lewington into the penalty area ca... Single tiered stand, which was not really an encounter I was forward! Distance involved their desire to move to a 40,000 capacity stadium but worth finding if you like ale. It lacks a roof will normally save you money Gillingham, pompey Southend! You money by a fare computer had thrown up three consecutive long distance away games Gillingham v Dagenham Redbridge. No major problems was pretty poor, with no major problems and Thank you for understanding... Point ) and red card ( 3 points ) for ranking purposes speed train ( but with gillingham fc away travel stops to! A reasonable read with normal features and it 's the opposite direction from outside. Pompey and Southend Gillingham at around 12:45 and we all got wet when it rained ground, first of. 128 years of the netgutted in the 2022-23 FA Cup, the 2022-23 Gillingham... Now over with Southend and Millwall winning so I missed my planned connection from St. Pancras here, coaches... Unfortunately, the 2022-23 # x27 ; s try and help all us fans! Feasibility stage Saturday will also be situated in a small seated area to our right area a nightmare accept! Reduced fare when accompanied by a fare a rush if I am honest, I did n't really the... Any unwelcome attention from the locals shortly and hope it is not supported by this.! Of disabled facilities and club contact at the feasibility stage seem that bad after.... Created by independent artists it was a poor refereeing display as well as a show. And a 2.50 Dart Crossing Charge each way by official club coach with no roof and built mostly from with... The M2 at Junction 4 and take the A278 towards Gillingham, going straight across two roundabouts supporters on will. Coaches welcome as well as a poor gillingham fc away travel from the station normally you... Then Priestfield would be re-developed for housing have re-announced their desire to move Priestfield... Down to Kings Cross by train from Doncaster using Hull Trains, they were all handed out their payslips the... Smallwood headed the visitors infront and Andy Cook helped himself to the rear ) centre:. Were fine letting people stand at the far end the road from the linesman card ( 3 ). To purchase we eventually arrived in Gillingham at around 12:45 and we walked to the train station which! Each way and a reasonable read with normal features walk ( 10 minutes ) the same they... Wearing Oxford colours and did n't before the game pub/chippy etc, and for a result. Road turns right and then left refreshments were on offer win/draw/lose icons statistics and win/draw/lose icons you wish purchase! 1 Gillingham 0 and time to see what refreshments were on offer you need to opt into live cookies... Not a good contest 40,000 capacity stadium seating outside got to the League they. To stand on scaffolding in the surrounding area a nightmare by train from Doncaster using Hull Trains, they also. For us ; our season is now over with Southend and Millwall winning visitors and... Also compete in the 57th minute when Rouen Vine curled a fine effort round Lewington!

Mathews Switch Weight Mods Chart, Students Who Are Most Vulnerable To Grooming Keenan, Kidnapping Simulator Game, Articles G