10:30 candy bar

What A Time!!!! I loved reading these comments. Cheers to all of my fellow 10:30ians! A portion of the proceeds will go to support March of Dimes Hawaii. Some things eventually return, some not for long Back then I used to eat Screaming Yellow Zonkers and Hydrox Cookies, as well I think Hydroxs recipe has been used by Disneyworld for their Disney character sandwich cookies. And no it did not taste like vomit. As many others have said this was my favorite candy bar as a child and I have continued to look for them for years. I really thought i was making it up for a second there. They were awesome. I thought it was either Sweet Marie, or Mr. Bigor something, that came out with white chocolate. If any chocolate maker would duplicate the recipe, they could have a best seller on their hands . Does anyone know who made them? WooHoo! I tried a bite of a 10:30 bar when I was about 9 years old, it was DISGUSTING. The E.P. No, but seriously, I thought that maybe something was wrong with the candybar since shortly after I ate sooooo many I made myself sick. We would get a quarter every two weeks . I described this bar (not knowing what it was called) and everyone looked at me with blank faces. It not only was delicious, it looked delicious, as well. We use to collect loose change from around the house, cash in bottles and cans just for that 10:30 bar in the late 70s. So sad when I couldn't find them anymore. I hope to experience the joy of a 10:30 bar in the near future!! I remember it had a hint of cinnamon in itsighhhh was the best! :). I remember going away to college near the New York / Quebec border and getting the Neison version called Danish as a substitute, but it never replaced the 10:30 bar. MIKE, The candy was made the Schrafft's Candy Company in Charlestown, MA. Whether you're a chocolate, nougat, nut, or creamy caramel fan, we have candy bars that contain all of those delicious ingredients and more! 10:30 Bar, chocolate bar, cinnamon, Food, Massachusetts, rare, red stripes, rice wafer, Schrafft's Candy Company, transparent wrapper, urban legend, white chocolate. Any input? 100 Grand (originally called the $100,000 Candy Bar and then, from the 1970s through the mid-1980s, as the $100,000 Bar) is a candy bar produced by the Ferrara Candy Company, a subsidiary of Ferrero. I have a vague memory of a commercial that said 10:30 bars were for sophsiticated adults and should be eaten after the kids went to bed, 10:30pm. The candy has been featured in a 1991 documentary Madonna: Truth or Dare. Right now, all I want, is to find a picture of the 10:30 bar, but can't. 7/11 was the spot to hang out after school,and a Slurpee and a 10;30 bar sure beat out milk and cookies. I'd eat 2 aftersad to say..ballet class. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Father started bring me these home every Friday after work as a treat. Delish! Oh Yes as mentioned I thought I was the only one who remembered the candy bar ,I had a local store we would go to get out candy .I remember having it once and loved it then never seem to see it again . 28 Feb 2023 10:13:22 . Skip to content. This site is blowing my mind!! I wonder if it will ever come out again. Free answers tonight: 6.30 pm - Porty Tap - "ANTHRAX" 7pm - Candy Bar - "KALUSH ORCHESTRA" 9pm - Safari Lounge - "THE PLOUGH" #dpquiz #trivia #edinburgh #portobello #leith #abbeyhill . I wish the big candy company like Herseys would invest in trying to duplicate the 10:30 candy bar from the 70s. And no one EVER heard of it! Even though in 1999 they were named as the hottest selling candy, they will surely make you dislike them as a result of their taste. Then I would answer and say a 10:30 bar. I keep looking from time to time thats when I found this site. I had to start searching the internet just to prove myself! They called it a 10:30 bar because it was marketed as an adult, mid-morning snack. They were Wonderful. How does a single candy bar evoke such deep rooted memories for so many? My siblings used to buy them for me wherever they were found in Brooklyn. Oh, and one other thing -- one of the most distinctive things about this bar was that the wrapping was transparent, so you could see what you were buying! I was so disappointed when Schraffts went out of business. Well, I thought I was the only person on Earth to remember this candy bar. They were so delicious. Thank you all for agreeing with me about the best cabndy bar EVER, letting me know that I am not alone, and for proving I'm not crazy. Must have been an East Coast thing, most people around here don't remember it except for two co-workers who, like me, are originally from western NY. The 100 Grand Bar was spoken verbally as the "Hundred Thousand Dollar Bar" before the 100 Grand Bar name took hold. Another site, tonyandangelasantiques.com has photo of a cardboard treasure chest box for chocolates (looks from 1940s). i honestly thought i was the only person in the world that remembered this wonderful candy barsweet heaveni miss it soo much! WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! omg that is the best candy bar in the world. . PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! I loved this candy bar no one believes me when I tell them about until I googled it something my son always saying Google it ma so I did and I found this site which validated it exists! The following are links about 10:30 candy bar you may find interesting. Submit a picture Description I do believe that somewhere is that recipe and somewhere a present company would love to get their hands on it to make a MILLION DOLLARS if they sold it again. Candy Bar royalty-free images 255,328 candy bar stock photos, vectors, and illustrations are available royalty-free. With all the garbage out there, this would be such a nice treat. I love the 10:30 bar. A fabulous piece of childhood memory. By 1915, they had nine stores in Manhattan, one in Brooklyn, and one in Syracuse, NY as well as the facility in Boston. I have a sweet tooth as much as the next guy but between the sugar wafer, carmel and the sickening ivory chocolate it was diabetes city. In my memory it preceded the 10:30 bar, and then I discovered the 10:30 after it was gone (or was it the other way around?). Price at time of publish: $3.29 Best White Ghirardelli Premium Baking White Chocolate Courtesy of Instacart The chocolate-covered nougat bars were named after the Charleston dancenot the southern cityback in 1922. :-(, I grew up in Whitestone Queens NY and use get the 10:30 bar out of the vending machine in the local bowling Ally that was the only place that sold them. Any Photos? 10:30 was the BEST candy bar ever made. We spotted this variety pack in stores from $25.99 to $26.59, making these boxes only $19.59 or less - that's just 63 to 65 for each full-size candy bar! I remember buying a bunch of them when they first came out early in 1975. Those were so good too!!! I often still think of them. Miss those days horribly. ALSO WHAT ABOUT GRETHER'S BLACKCURRANT PASTILLES, WHAT AN AWESOME TASTE THEY HAD, ANOTHER HARD TO FIND AND VERY EXPENSIVE TREAT. Yes! The Ice Cream label is the only one which currently survives, having been purchased by the LeSauvage family, owners of several ice cream labels. I bought it in 1975 whenever I had an errand to run at work. They were not around for very long and I miss them. google_ad_height = 600; I was a young girl when my Grandfather had a corner store in Jamestown, NY. Save 30% Now! My favorite candy bar. September 30, 2022 at 6:18 pm If you eat just the caramel and chocolate off of the top of a Twix bar (it peels off if . Ate these on a regular basis until I joined the Canadian Armed Forces and went overseas. Does anyone remember the other candy bar that was made around the same time that was very similar to the 10:30 only larger? TO MAKE THEM ONCE AGAIN!! Keep passing the die clockwise, with each person rolling it once, until all the candy bars . I wish my memory was better because I have no idea who is the maker. What company put them out, does anyone recall? Too bad! LOLThey also had like rice krispy type crunchies in them and were almost lumpy because of them. I thought my brother and I were the only people in the world who enjoyed the 10:30 bar. Give me the recipe so I can try to make them, please!!! Responding to GTC of Feb. 2010 - There was another candy bar almost just like 10:30 called Danish which cost more. One of the best candy bars ever. YES ditto EVERYTHING said here. In hell they're all melted, though. I wish some company had the recipe and produce it again. Someone has the recipe somewhere. I remember as a kid getting Easter baskets taller than me. If I had to make a sacrifice candy for candy I think the Good & Penty. My parents would take summer walks and in route back to our house they would always stop and get me a 10:30 candy bar. I use to get it at luncheonette when I lived in Bayside New York. I can't believe this is the candy bar I have been thinking of.I thought I was crazy.it's not the darn zero bar.what was in this that I still remember 40 years later? I am still in disbelief. Marathon bar brands are usually designated as the "official energy bar" of the marathon series. If layers of dry roasted peanuts, buttery-tasting caramel, and rich peanut nougat, sweetly wrapped in a delicious chocolatey coating sounds like a little slice of heaven, then smile, the Go Max Go Jokerz candy bar is for you! '(The voice of the heavens speaking, lol. I don't remember if I got them at my uncle or at the luncheonette a few blocks away from my house but I loved them! I was begining to think that 10:30 bars were a figment of my imagination until I found this site! What is the decrease in the number of sharks in the neighborhood?, Last week, Ellie had $56.45 saved from babysitting. The 10:30 bar was the very best. I loved this bar and always had the wrong time name. And with that, you may even get to integrate more variety. I can't even find a picture of them!??! OMG, I almost wanted to think I had imagined the whole thing too, but I distinctly remember purchasing this delicious one of a kind candy bar from a corner store a block and a half away from my house in Brooklyn during the early 70s! I was addicted as a kid. The 20 Most Popular Candy Bars (that will take you down memory lane!) Like most people here, I usually get blank stares whenever I ask anybody if they remember this candy. I requested them from there on. Who gets to deside which candies stay and which are axed???? The snack bar of the hospital I trained at in Bedford, Virginia! google_alternate_color = "E7F0EB"; Skittles Skittles on Amazon 2. I would get these from my neighborhood candy store several times a week. We should start a campaign. I too thought that as many as these bars I'd buy everyday would have kept the company in business. 2 received nine points and so on. I would love to see a picture of it, if I cannot have one!! Oh my goodness!!! Everytime we pulled into a convienent store for a snack, I would get a 10:30 Candy Bar. They were purple colored grape flavored milk duds. lets all get something going to get this awesome candy bar back again!!!! But maybe theres hope! Griffin is eyeing a summer commitment, and Jeff Brohm will face a ton of opposition from Big 10 programs in this recruitment. Originally invented in the UK, the fruity candies have chewy centers and a crispy candy shell. I've been telling people about this for years. . Ditto everything above: I've been looking for them since the 70's- you would think with all the crappy candy bars out there SOMEONE would try to re-create the classics and make a fortune!!! Nobody I know has heard of these. The idea of incorporating a tall one-layered cake with a spread of. When biting into one of these bars, you always feel like there are a little too many peanuts and the chocolate isn't as rich and creamy as it should be. I know it won't be exact, but if I can come close, we may all be able to make something that will satisfy our craving for this amazing candy bar! Other candies and chewing gums have come back from oblivion. Except for the fool who said he and his family could not eat them!! I guess that's why I started thinking of 10:30 bars. Im 53 now. in the 70s, Food of the Seventies, 10:30 candy bar Food of the Seventies, 10:30 candy bar I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. 14 Lindt google_color_link = "A74403"; I too am from the northeast Upstate NY (UTICA). They must have had a hard drug in them because they were not available very long. hahaha I'm in N.Tonawanda,NY and no body seems to remember this bar. The Denver Sandwich was introduced in the early 1930's during the Great Depression and this candy bar was sometimes thought of as a meal. Use the WebMD Calorie Counter to . They were I. The stripes were cinnamon flavored. One of my all-time favorite candy bars as a kid, next to Nestle Coffee Crisp (Canada only). They were so good! I would make these myself for all of you, if I could perfect the formula. Wow. So 1. Jawbreakers Candy. Man, they just don't make them like that anymore. Ive been searching for evidence that it exists, i thought i was loosing my mind. I have been searching for information for a number of years. Note that prices vary by location. at the time i didn't care (cause i was a kid) but they were also a lighter calorie candy bar.. they should bring them back asap! This delicious bar is full of exquisite crunch and so pleasing with its perfect chocolate and caramel taste. Jolly Ranchers on Amazon 3. They were these bite size cookies striped with milk chocolate and toasted coconut. I'd give anything if they'd come back out with these bars!!! Wow - most of the comments mirror mine! I'm finally not alone. Is there any candy company out there that will make it again? I'M GLAD I FOUND THIS PAGE CAUSE I'M AM SOOOO CRAVING TO HAVE A COUPLE :)..DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO SELLS THEM? I used to buy these for a dime at the gas station (full service!) Wish they still made it. I wish I could find a recipe or at least a picture. IT WAS A GOOOOD CANDY. I AM NOT ALONE!!! Change). It was my crack n my dealer was 7/11. WHAT A SHAME IT IT WAS STOPPED BEING MADE AND IT'S BEEN 30YRS! google_ad_client = "pub-1475700848612418"; You are all correct, the best candy bar ever!!! The latter makes up the bulk of the bar, leading Candy Addict to state that the 100 Grand is far more akin to chocolate-coated caramel than a caramel-filled chocolate bar. I can't believe no one makes this anymore. Who could restart this? Now my wife won't think I'm nuts. I LOVE and MISS it -- we need to have a "cause" on Facebook to try to get it back -- I think now, the market is ready for it -- along with Jean LaFitte's Cinnamon Crunch cereal (Quaker, also yummy good)! It was my favorite i would like one right now they need to start making them again. :). You people are nuts. You see, my great great grandfather started this company and Im named after it. I HOPE IT COULD BE ABLE AGAIN, OMG! I was just searching the web to see if I could find some retro place that sold 10:30 candy bars and I found this site. Ivory in color with a 24K Gold Trim. I always get my hopes up when I stumble upon a retro-candy shop but have never found them. Fun Size Chocolate Candy Bars Assortment: 150-Piece Bag 15 Reviews $35.50 Add to Cart . Like so many others on here, I thought I had imagined the 10:30 candy bar. those red stripes were definitely cinnamon! Not only does it take me back to my childhood, but it was a darn good candy bar. The 10:30 Bar was a crispy rice wafer covered in white chocolate with red (a candied mixture) stripes. In 1981, Schaffts went out of business briefly before being taken over by new management. Sometimes, when our blood sugar is low, these delicious sweet treats are the perfect go-to. at only one store here in town back in the late 70s. I was living with my Dad on an Air Force base thirty years ago and I got this candy bar in a vending machine at the local movie theater. The 10:30 Bar was wrapped in a transparent wrapper, which was to enhance sales as the bar had an appetizing appearance. Why Doesn't SOME OTHER COMPANY MAKE THEM?????

Great Horned Owl Killed Human, Home Bargains Egg Poacher, Articles OTHER