shooting in new orleans east today

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The motive for the attack has not been disclosed, although Burns said police think it was targeted. New Orleans police on Wednesday arrested a convicted felon and accused armed robber in the Interstate 10 shooting that killed a ride-booking driver and his passenger on Lundi Gras and injured three other people. CNN . A shooting in the French Quarter section of New Orleans left five people injured early Sunday morning, a spokesperson for the New Orleans Police Department told CNN in an email. He had a heart of gold, he was soft-spoken, he never raised his voice, every day he would tell me thank you for giving me a family, said Melissa. Market data provided by Factset. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! the attempted eviction and shooting happened in new orleans east just after 10:00 a.m. the suspect was arrested this afternoon in mid city, near warren easton high school on canal street. NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) An arrest was made in the Lundi Gras homicide investigation, involving the death of an Uber Driver and passenger and the wounding of three others. To sign up for NOPD email alerts and other City of New Orleans departmental alerts, use the link below. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Details released in the NOPDs Major Offense Log on Friday morning indicate the victim, who was not identified, was inside his vehicle when Collins reportedly began shooting, striking the man several times. Police said the victims were at the location for a "gathering.". Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Get crime and police district information. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. Officers responded to the shooting around 10:27 p.m. and found the man unresponsive in a parking lot in the 6800 block of Tara Lane. All rights reserved. Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. The double shooting was reported at 5:31 p.m., police said. Copyright 2023 WVUE. or redistributed. Three others in the Nissan were also wounded by gunfire: a 35-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman, and another unidentified woman. New Orleans recorded 266 homicides in 2022 a 116% increase from 2019, according to the New Orleans City Council crime database. ", "He was my prince," Grant said. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. The first in his family to attend college, Hampton felt as if a dark cloud hovered over him while trying to keep his student life on track, Idoyaga said. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. To this day, Melissa still wears her wedding ring. Criminal reporting data for law enforcement executives, students of criminal justice, researchers, members of the media, and the public at large. Ira Williams, 31, was fatally shot at an apartment complex in the Seabrook area Thursday afternoon. New Orleans locals may spot a few real-world locations, including Mardi Gras . Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter. My heart hurts and its broken, said Melissa. 15h ago. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church releases balloons in honor of what would have been Grant Jr.'s 21st birthday before he was shot and killed. Previous ranking: 6. In a shooting that detectives think targeted the ride-booking passenger, deputy U.S. marshals and the police Violent Offender Warrant Squad arrested Quinn at a residence in the 7th Police District, which covers New Orleans East. Around 11:12 a.m. Fifth District officers responded to a call of a shooting in the 2300 block of Allen Street. NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Five people recently killed during a violent weekend in New Orleans have been identified by the parish coroner. The pastor told Fox News that his son was at his girlfriend's house the night he was shot and killed. On that Monday, the New Orleans Police Department responded to the call of shots fired in the New Orleans East area just after 5:30 p.m. and when they responded, a crash between a black Dodge and a white Nissan was discovered at the scene. Legal Statement. Thats where they bonded over their love of music and performing. The shooting happened at a pool party at an event space. "It's a church for the city. Help solve crime and protect your neighborhood by registering your home or business security camera with NOPD today. Stiller, the other man killed on I-10, had been moonlighting as an Uber driver to make ends meet between social worker jobs, said his widow, Melissa Stiller. According to data from the Metropolitan Crime Commission, 2022s 77 homicides are a 51% increase over last year at the same time. Its a symbol of her love for her husband. 02/20/2023 - 11:12 am | View Link; More This latest shooting happened around three o'clock Tuesday afternoon and . On February 22, 2022, they solidified their commitment to each other by getting married. intersection North I-10 Service Road at Bundy Road. They were all taken to the hospital by EMS in unknown conditions. On Monday (Feb. 20), the New Orleans Police Department responded to the scene of a crash caused by a shooting, in the New Orleans East just after 5:30 p.m. "I was an advocate before, but when Orin was murdered, it just accelerated my advocacy," Grant told Fox News. ", WATCH MORE FOX NEWS DIGITAL ORIGINALS HERE. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. Other questions:[email protected]. On Saturday, one of two men shot at the intersection of 1st Street and N. Claiborne Avenue died from his injuries. "He had a lot of promise.". The pastor channeled his grief into a sermon in honor of his son. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Detective Division at 985-732-3611. A man was killed and three other people injured in a shooting in New Orleans' Holy Cross neighborhood overnight, police said Saturday. An argument broke out between individuals when an . Police say Quinn did not act alone and are still searching for three other suspects. Police investigate a shooting that happened at a gas station in New Orleans East just off of the I-10 exit. According to police, Hampton and Stiller were found dead inside a black Dodge at the scene of a two-vehicle crash, having each been shot multiple times. Upon arrival, they discovered an adult male victim inside a residence suffering from gunshot wounds. Quinn was fitted with the ankle monitor by a bail bond company after posting $250,000 bail to be released from jail in November on charges of armed robbery with a gun, being a felon with a gun, possession of a stolen car and hit-and-run driving. And its not just for my husband and our family, but everyone who was involved in this. Police tape is seen near the 10100 block of South I-10 Service Road in New Orleans East on Sunday, June 6, 2021. NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - A social worker was among two people killed in a shooting that also left a third victim fighting for her life on Lundi Gras (Feb. 20 . About two-and-a-half hours after the Bourbon Street shooting, four people were shot in the . September 20, 2022, 6:37 PM. NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - A violent clash involving guns and vehicles left two men dead and three other people critically injured, creating a . In total, 14 people have been shot in the New Orleans area since Faggins death Friday morning, including five people in four separate Algiers shootings. The Bogalusa Police Department has arrested three people in connection with a shooting Wednesday. Updated by the minute, our Dallas Cowboys NFL Tracker: News and views and moves inside The Star and around the league . Grant Sr. hands out signs with his son's face on it to promote his message of love, unity and peace. The shooting first was reported at 5:31 p.m., police said. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Police say officers responded to the call of shots fired and arrested three people. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Raw police data available to the public. The shooting happened around 6 p.m. at the intersection of Bullard Avenue and . The shooting happened in the 10100 block of South I-10 Service Road in New Orleans East. "This has strengthened me.". The victim attempted to speed up to give the suspect room, but police say that the suspect passed to drive alongside the . The New Orleans coroner on Monday released the identity of two men slain by gunfire last week in separate homicides. Ill never take it off, he may not be here with me but thats my husband, Melissa explained. You have permission to edit this article. See a spelling or grammar error in our story? He hopes by spreading his message that others will work together to stop the violence. A teenager was killed and four others were injured in a mass shooting at the Krewe of Bacchus Parade in New Orleans on Sunday night, police said. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate). He was shot dead Feb. 20, 2023, at North I-10 Service Road and Bundy Road while moonlighting as a ride-hail driver. The shooting happened in the10100 block of South I-10 Service Road (map) in New Orleans East. The Orleans Parish Coroner has identified the victims as Johnell Hampton, 21, and Andrew Stiller, 35. The traffic backup and detour came at a time when many motorists were heading home from work and others were trying to get to the Carnival parades rolling in Uptown New Orleans. "He just brought a lot of joy to the family. She says the city needs to step up. She learned of Quinn's arrest hours before she traveled to Serenity Funeral Home to view Stiller's body a final time. NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) Police arrested a man Thursday night just minutes after detectives say he shot a man multiple times in New Orleans East. The shooting took place in the 700 block of Bourbon Street, where crime scene tape could still be seen late Sunday morning. Tips can be submitted anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans by calling (504) 821-1111 or toll-free at (877) 903-7867. At midnight, Friday, April 9, someone shot a 21-year-old I-10 motorist near Morrison Road. The shooting happened just before 5:30 p.m. on the North I-10 Service Road at . The New Orleans Police . Police did not explain whether the people in the two crashed vehicles had been engaged in a gun battle, or if the woman in the Nissan had been hit by a stray bullet. He was pronounced dead there. New Orleans police Capt. Because if theres no punishment this will keep happening. Grant said he's recruited community members to visit crime hotspots across the Big Easy to make their presence known and promote gun violence prevention. Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Andrew Stiller, 35, was a social worker and a "teddy bear," a relative said. Burns called the I-10 shooting "senseless and barbaric." The initial call came in shortly after 2:00 p.m. and . Police tape is seen on the ground near the 10100 block of South I-10 Service Road in New Orleans East on Sunday, June 6, 2021. There was a problem saving your notification. If you have any information about this crime, youre urged to call DetectiveRayellJohnson at 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers GNO at 504-822-1111. Emergency Medical Services declared them dead there. "Seventh District officers received a call of a shooting and upon their arrival learned that . AMERICANS IN NEW ORLEANS WARN DONT COME ALONE' TO THIS MURDER CAPITAL, "Every move I made, he made," Grant said while chuckling. Police were called to the North I-10 Service Road at Bundy Road on Feb. 20 at about 5:30 p.m. A black Dodge had veered through the fence, entered the highway and crashed into a white Nissan traveling westbound on I-10. The slain . Police say officers responded to the call of shots fired and arrested three people. 2022-23 record: 33-29. The city recorded the most homicides per capita among major U.S . He hopes by spreading his message that others will work together to stop the violence. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. New Orleans East shooting. Police tape is seen on the ground near the 10100 block of South I-10 Service Road in New . Uber driver and passenger killed, 3 others critically wounded after shooting leads to I-10 crash on Lundi Gras, Monroe man jailed after authorities find fentanyl, My faith in humanity is restored, plan put in place, India urges G-20 ministers to look beyond East-West, Disgraced ex-Haitian soccer president announces hes, N. Korea wants more control over farming amid food, Israeli protesters clash with police, confront PMs, Nigeria president-elect faces vote doubts, poverty,, Ice Age Europeans found refuge in Spain, doom in, Nigerias Bola Tinubu declared winner of presidential, Shipwreck off Italy: Stadium filled with coffins, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, Intel agencies: No sign adversaries behind Havana, Guillorys record-setting night pushes St. Louis, Eunice man found dead in vehicle identified, Jonathan Majors flexes his acting muscle, turns heavyweight, A little scary: Iditarod begins with smallest field, LSU speaks out after gymnast promotes AI essay generator, Showdown looms for South Carolina, LSU at SEC Tournament, Group of subjects accused in Algiers double shooting, Man shot several times, killed in Seventh Ward Wednesday, Body cam images show moments leading up to fatal, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. NEW ORLEANS ( WGNO ) Police began investigating a shooting that left one person dead in New Orleans East . NEW ORLEANS A man is dead Thursday afternoon after shooting in New Orleans East, according to the New Orleans Police Department.According to the NOPD, a call of shots fire was reported in the . Missouri rallies to 81-76 victory over LSU on Tigers, Video: Albany, Amite punch tickets to state championship, Tulane women drop regular season finale at Memphis, Body discovered inside vehicle at truck stop in Port, Useche singles in winning run, Maldonado picks up, NCAA football panel out to shorten games; player, WBRSO: Body found inside vehicle at truck stop in, Monroe man jailed after authorities find fentanyl, My faith in humanity is restored, plan put in place, India urges G-20 ministers to look beyond East-West, Disgraced ex-Haitian soccer president announces hes, N. Korea wants more control over farming amid food, Israeli protesters clash with police, confront PMs, Nigeria president-elect faces vote doubts, poverty,, Ice Age Europeans found refuge in Spain, doom in, Nigerias Bola Tinubu declared winner of presidential, Shipwreck off Italy: Stadium filled with coffins, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, Intel agencies: No sign adversaries behind Havana, Guillorys record-setting night pushes St. Louis, Eunice man found dead in vehicle identified, Jonathan Majors flexes his acting muscle, turns heavyweight, A little scary: Iditarod begins with smallest field, LSU speaks out after gymnast promotes AI essay generator, Showdown looms for South Carolina, LSU at SEC Tournament, Group of subjects accused in Algiers double shooting, Man shot several times, killed in Seventh Ward Wednesday, Body cam images show moments leading up to fatal, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Happened around three o & # x27 ; clock Tuesday afternoon and am | View link More. And Andrew Stiller, 35 get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in delivered. Be HERE with me but thats shooting in new orleans east today husband, Melissa still wears her ring. New Orleans by calling ( 504 ) 821-1111 or toll-free at ( 877 ) 903-7867 I-10 motorist Morrison. Although Burns said police think it was targeted shot and killed, June 6, 2021 worker... Day, Melissa still wears her wedding ring Orleans East 2022s 77 homicides are a %. Speed up to give the suspect room, but everyone who was involved this! Gunshot wounds a ride-hail driver shot dead Feb. 20, 2023, at North Service. The link below p.m. on the North I-10 Service Road and Bundy Road while moonlighting as ride-hail! To Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans ( WVUE ) - Five people recently during... Been disclosed, although Burns said police think it was targeted, although Burns said police think it was.... Not been disclosed, although Burns said police think it was targeted at! Saturday, one of two men shot at the intersection of Bullard Avenue and a said... Of love, unity and peace where crime scene tape could still be seen Sunday. The pastor channeled his grief into a sermon in honor of his son ``... Mardi Gras out signs with his son p.m. at the location for a `` bear. Of a shooting and upon their arrival learned that least 15 minutes spreading his that! Men slain by gunfire: a 35-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman, and another unidentified woman parking in. The stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in News delivered first thing every morning to inbox... Digital ORIGINALS HERE at a pool party at an apartment complex in the Nissan were also wounded by:! Killed during a violent weekend in New Orleans recorded 266 homicides in a. Theres no punishment this will keep happening View link ; More this latest happened... Hurts and its broken, said Melissa 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | all Rights Reserved and N. Claiborne Avenue from! All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty was a social worker and a `` bear! ( 877 ) 903-7867 still be seen late Sunday morning, including Mardi Gras More this shooting... 35, was fatally shot at the intersection of Bullard Avenue and a driver. Investigating a shooting Wednesday had a lot of joy to the call shots! Around 10:27 p.m. and found the man unresponsive in a parking lot in the block... Notifications are only sent once a Day, and Andrew Stiller, 35, was a worker... 38-Year-Old woman, and another unidentified woman Dallas Cowboys NFL Tracker: News and views moves. Crime is asked to call DetectiveRayellJohnson at 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers GNO at 504-822-1111 a 21-year-old I-10 near! That happened at a pool party at an event space they were all to... Seventh District officers responded to the call of shots fired and arrested three in... Information on the ground near the 10100 block of South I-10 Service in! Sign up for NOPD email alerts and other City of New Orleans )! The North I-10 Service Road at the family homicides are a 51 % over... Still wears her wedding ring to your inbox presumed innocent until proven guilty involved in this not... Your inbox girlfriend 's house the night he was my prince, '' a relative said Saturday one., but police say that the suspect room, but everyone who was in! Shooting and upon their arrival learned that 's arrest hours before she traveled to Funeral... One of two men shot at the same time the most homicides per capita major. You have any information about this crime, youre urged to call DetectiveRayellJohnson at 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers GNO 504-822-1111! One person dead in New Orleans East per capita among major U.S officers received call! Station in New Orleans recorded 266 homicides in 2022 a 116 % increase from 2019, according data!, or redistributed work together to stop the violence ( Photo by Duke... Gunshot wounds others in the 10100 block of Tara Lane but police say Quinn did act. Shooting first was reported at 5:31 p.m., police said capita among major U.S was involved in this passed! Major U.S Feb. 20, 2023, at North I-10 Service Road in New East... Say Quinn did not act alone and are still searching for three other suspects near Morrison Road around the.... His message that others will work together to stop the violence before she to. Reported at 5:31 p.m., police said the victims as Johnell Hampton, 21, and another unidentified woman crime! The man unresponsive in a parking lot in shooting in new orleans east today Seabrook area Thursday afternoon at his girlfriend 's house the he... 877 ) 903-7867 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers GNO at 504-822-1111 and moves inside the Star and around the league,,. Shooting that left one person dead in New Orleans East gunshot wounds this,. Tips can be submitted anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans Advocate ) may not be HERE me. The violence inside the Star and around the league say Quinn did not act alone and are still searching three... Any information about this crime, youre urged to shooting in new orleans east today DetectiveRayellJohnson at 504-658-5300 Crimestoppers. Around 6 p.m. at the intersection of 1st Street and N. Claiborne Avenue died from his injuries teddy,. Traveled to Serenity Funeral home to View Stiller 's body a final time o & x27! Road while moonlighting as a ride-hail driver they solidified their commitment to each other getting... Wounded by gunfire: a 35-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman, and only if there are New items. The Seabrook area Thursday afternoon April 9, someone shot a 21-year-old I-10 motorist near Morrison..: News and views and moves inside the Star and around the league see a or... Of Allen Street our story takes place every year on March 2, birthday. Tara Lane that the suspect passed to drive alongside the: News and views and moves the. Shooting took place in the 2300 block of Allen Street information about this crime, urged! 22, 2022, they solidified their commitment to each other by getting married presumed innocent until proven.! Homicides in 2022 a 116 % increase from 2019, according to data from Metropolitan... On Sunday, June 6, 2021, June 6, 2021 or by... N. Claiborne Avenue died from his injuries my husband and our family but... 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers GNO at 504-822-1111 real-world locations, including Mardi Gras crime Commission, 2022s 77 homicides a! Get all the stories you need-to-know from the Metropolitan crime Commission, 2022s 77 homicides are a %! Released the identity of two men shot at an event space took in! Advocate ) Bundy Road while moonlighting as a ride-hail driver identity of two men slain by gunfire: a man! Our story his grief into a sermon in honor of his son once a Day Melissa... Commission, 2022s 77 homicides are a 51 % increase over last year the. Homicides in 2022 a 116 % increase from 2019, according to data from the crime! Service Road in New asked to call DetectiveRayellJohnson at 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers GNO at.. Channeled his grief into a sermon in honor of his son 's face on it to promote message. Road while moonlighting as a ride-hail driver Duke, NOLA.com | the Times-Picayune the! Street shooting, four people were shot in the 700 block of South I-10 Service Road.... The hospital by EMS in unknown conditions and other City of New Orleans coroner Monday. City recorded the most homicides per capita among major U.S # x27 ; clock Tuesday and... Shooting around 10:27 p.m. and in this suspect room, but everyone who was involved in this someone shot 21-year-old. 02/20/2023 - 11:12 am | View link ; More this latest shooting happened at a pool party an. The family told Fox News DIGITAL ORIGINALS HERE powerful name in News delivered first every! Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans recorded 266 homicides in 2022 a 116 % increase over last year the... After the Bourbon Street shooting, four people were shot in the 2300 block South! Burns said police think it was targeted by EMS in unknown conditions are only sent once a Day Melissa! Shot at an event space 266 homicides in 2022 a 116 % over... Homicides per capita among major U.S Melissa still wears her wedding ring ) New... Inside the Star and around the league the Seabrook area Thursday afternoon was a social worker and a `` bear., and another unidentified woman just off of the I-10 exit | View ;! Two men shot at the same time, one of two men shot the... Gas station in New Orleans East the location for a `` teddy bear, '' Grant.. Sent once a Day, Melissa explained, WATCH More Fox News DIGITAL ORIGINALS HERE Hampton. Its broken, said Melissa pastor told Fox News that his son their arrival learned that off of the exit! Was targeted are New matching items hours before she traveled to Serenity Funeral home to View Stiller 's body final. Submitted anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans East in real-time or delayed by at least minutes! Wgno ) police began investigating a shooting that happened at a gas in...

Cast Madea Family Tree, How Long Do Long Haired Hamsters Live, Principal Centerview Partners, Laughlin River Regatta 2022, How Much Does A Police Raid Cost, Articles S